• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Jordan vs Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

36 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Dudes just good. And I agree he'll be a huge asset to help Davenport with his hands. Dudes got the best dline hands in football. 

Speed bump sucks there’s no doubt but late in the game they moved Jordan over Big Darryl and he didn’t do much better. So the saints figured they didn’t need their best pass rusher going against speed bump. Any jag can create psi on kalil 

54 minutes ago, Ship said:

But when you put an Ian Thomas next to Kalil.... 

Yep. I went back and saw Olsen/Shockey do that in 2011. But it was more of a chip block then sneak out the backfield to catch a pass.

Also, Cam Jordan is a great player, but I’ve watched our own team talk about how pairing a young talent with a talented vet will net increased learning and I’m here to say it’s pretty much BS. Davenport won’t be doing Jordan’s technique in any games, he’ll just be watching like the rest of us and developing over time like any raw rookie.

16 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

Speed bump sucks there’s no doubt but late in the game they moved Jordan over Big Darryl and he didn’t do much better. So the saints figured they didn’t need their best pass rusher going against speed bump. Any jag can create psi on kalil 

Cam mostly plays LDE, but will move around if he likes a matchup. He played on the right side quite a bit vs. the Panthers, which tells me he liked the matchup vs. Kalil quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

We all know the counter to pass rushers

KH6ilcP_-_Imgur.gif.4d936f49ac8d729218347e3405e553ab.gif

pEhCh3M_-_Imgur.gif.775b7067c12c46a118f8a4a6d85f9788.gif

That first gif is a terrible example. If the guys don't get distracted by the TEs both falling, Cam gets a sack lol.

5 minutes ago, Ship said:

Also, Cam Jordan is a great player, but I’ve watched our own team talk about how pairing a young talent with a talented vet will net increased learning and I’m here to say it’s pretty much BS. Davenport won’t be doing Jordan’s technique in any games, he’ll just be watching like the rest of us and developing over time like any raw rookie.

Somewhat agree. But I've seen it help as well. Davenport won't be doing Jordans technique, but having some of the best technique in football can only be a good thing in Davenports developement. 

Also, I would expect him to be playing more than watching this year.

Kalil looked off balance the entire clip. It's like watching someone stumble on ice for a good 10 seconds before they finally fall. It's almost impressive he was upright for that long. 

Archived