• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty impressed with new guard

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, NAS said:

Fair point.  I just think it's premature for him to start bragging about him when he hasn't even seen the full training camp or played a preseason game.

I mean, what are they supposed to say?  “He might not be good, we’ll see.”? 

55 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He sure did---it was a head scratcher.  But maybe that was to save face for a stupid draft pick.  There is no agenda for promoting a UDFA. 

I never thought Rivera was much about face saving, though you'd have more insight there than I would.

My take on Rivera has always been that he likes underdogs and "try hard" guys way too much. Maybe that's because he was that kind of player back in his Bear days. Don't know.

It might be distasteful, but sometimes the talented guy who doesn't try as hard is the better choice then the high character guy who's giving it all he's got.

That's just reality.

5 hours ago, NAS said:

Hurney falls in love with "what could be" sometimes that he doesn't see the obvious.  there's a reason this guy wasn't drafted.

There’s a reason Norwell wasn’t drafted, now he’s the highest paid lineman in the NFL

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

He is also impressed with Amini.  

Yep and second round at that 

I was on vacation in Hawaii. Early mornings there and when I heard Hurney drafted Amini in the second rd, I tuned the tv off and had a very vodka laden Bloody Mary 

amini would not be picked up by anyone if he was cut right now 

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I never thought Rivera was much about face saving, though you'd have more insight there than I would.

My take on Rivera has always been that he likes underdogs and "try hard" guys way too much. Maybe that's because he was that kind of player back in his Bear days. Don't know.

It might be distasteful, but sometimes the talented guy who doesn't try as hard is the better choice then the high character guy who's giving it all he's got.

That's just reality.

We all like to find that "diamond in the rough."  Marty has screwed up when he digs for diamonds in the draft.  Armanti Edwards stands out.  Maybe Silatolu, but he had a second-round grade on many boards.  Fua?  

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

We all like to find that "diamond in the rough."  Marty has screwed up when he digs for diamonds in the draft.  Armanti Edwards stands out.  Maybe Silatolu, but he had a second-round grade on many boards.  Fua?  

But also: Josh, Cap, and Hardy

Sometimes he misses but other times he's spot on.

Just when he missed before in the past that usually cost us future picks. Aimini doesn't sting as much as Armanti

Archived