• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers ask Russell Shepard to take a pay cut.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

According to David Newton, the Panthers have asked Shepard to take a pay cut.

I doubt he takes it. He sees the writing on the wall. Make less money to be a camp casualty.

C-ya. Alot of people on here thought he was another Gettleman free agent gem. Guess what he was another disappointment.

Just now, CashNewton22 said:

Good! I wish him all the best but I never saw the value that Ron and the coaching staff did. 

The potential was perhaps there and definitely didn't pan out last year. Who knows why but yeah, he definitely appears to be on the outside looking in at the moment.

38 minutes ago, stbugs said:

WTF would we offer that? Why waste any WR camp snaps on him? He was awful at WR. Byrd and Samuel in a small amount of play looked way better. Throw in a Funchess, Moore, Smith and Wright and I don’t want Cam to waste a single opportunity to get more comfortable with the rest of the WRs who have a chance to play.

This was a demotion to special teams ace. He wasn't going to get many WR looks and that's probably why he declined.

The Panthers have revamped their wide receiver position throughout the offseason with several acquisitions.

On Monday the makeover continued with a departure.

Russell Shepard has asked for his release after refusing to take a pay cut, two league sources told the Observer. Shepard will become a free agent when the transaction becomes official Monday afternoon.

Archived