• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson on Punt Returns

Jeremy Igo

Spent some time watching Donte on punt return drills yesterday. A bit rusty on tracking the ball, but once it is in his hand... woah.

Has a very quick first step, possibly quicker than Damiere Byrd. With the wide receiver roster looking really tight, Donte Jackson and DJ Moore both taking punt return reps could make it even harder for Damiere to make the squad.

52 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I thought his hands sucked. Not sure id want him returning punts

He's a beginner, but his combination of speed and change of direction is probably the best on the team. He needs work on catching the ball, and apparently taking care of it. Should be an interesting experiment. 

So we're still trying to force guys who hardly returned punts to become our primary punt returner again? Donte only returned 4 punts his whole college career and all of them were back in 2015. DJ returned 15 last year, but I don't want him returning punts when we have Byrd.

Just happy to see some competition there after treating it as kind of an afterthought. It will be nice to possibly have some semblance of an actual return game. When Ted Ginn Jr is the best return man you've had in years, that's pretty sobering. Yikes we've been awful.

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not loving his ball security on this fumble return though. Donte, this is the NFL. Someone will run you down and swipe at it.

Carolina-Panthers-15.jpg

Yikes, that's bad.

I imagine the ST Coach is gonna have a talk with him about that.

Archived