• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Metalica concert last night at TWC

SCP

I like New American Gospel and As the Palace Burns...but they lost me after that. The same way Metallica lost me after Master of Puppets.

But I'm not trying to hate here, I'm sure it was a great show and I don't doubt everyone there had a blast.

Been waiting to see Gojira for a few years now, but I'd rather see them headline in a club.

LoG always sounds great live, and so does Metallica. Had to be the best Metallica bill since GnR and AiC.

LoG was really good. Gojira was just OK because they had the amps turned way down and the arena was only about 1/8 full. Came off more like a talent show act. They said they were heading back to France today.

I saw them last Dec in Fresno. I'm in the Broken Beat & Scarred video throwing horns. They still kick so much arse live. I was lucky enough to catch a white guitar pick from Kirk and get one of those beach balls during Seek & Destroy. Are they still giving away livemetallica.com recordings with the purchase of a concert ticket? If not, the shows are worth the money in FLAC format.

LoG was entertaining, but I couldn't get into them. The other band I saw with them was The Sword, which were a blast.

I was there, kick ass show, at least once Metallica got on stage.

Lamb of God was horrible, I can't stand the cookie monster vocals. Their drummer was amazing but even he couldn't overcome the douche lead singer

Gojira- I felt bad for them, their sound was horrible, I think they were good but the sound was so horrible I really couldn't tell.

As for Metallica it was my first time seeing them. They rocked pretty well for a bunch of old guys. Lars needs to get his poo together though, drove me crazy with his bullshit interpretations of classic songs like Seek and Destroy and Nothing Else Matters, ugh.

Kicked ass. 5 rows from the stage. Pregnant wife by my side. Can't hear sh*t this morning and am hung over like you wouldn't believe. So worth it. Also, 19,000 people in the place and I sit next to a guy with an Otah jersey on. Same thing I was wearing. At least his was blue and mine was black.

I was about 4-5 rows behind you guys actually, I thought it was odd to see those 2 jerseys lol. They did rock.

First band sounded bad, sound system was off, so you definitely couldn't make anything out that he was saying. Drummer was nasty though. LoG was ok. No one was there for those 2, tons of people came in like 10 minutes before Metallica.

We rode the light rail, and on the way back had the most wasted/crazy/tripping dude on there just causing trouble and all kinds of junk. The whole ride. He got in the face of some 17-20 year old kid and the kid pushed him off. Stopped at 485 and me and a friend just threw him off of there lol. He then pushed some women and her husband popped him in the face. He then ran away. No cops anyway to warn about DUI. Makes no sense, there's 6 cops standing there doing nothing at 5pm but no one there at 12:30am after a concert. Anyway, the cats guy just stood in the train all scared and finally called the cops on his radio after someone reminded him.

Exciting night.

I was there, kick ass show, at least once Metallica got on stage.

Lamb of God was horrible, I can't stand the cookie monster vocals. Their drummer was amazing but even he couldn't overcome the douche lead singer

Gojira- I felt bad for them, their sound was horrible, I think they were good but the sound was so horrible I really couldn't tell.

As for Metallica it was my first time seeing them. They rocked pretty well for a bunch of old guys. Lars needs to get his poo together though, drove me crazy with his bullpoo interpretations of classic songs like Seek and Destroy and Nothing Else Matters, ugh.

The amount of vag in your post is overwhelming.

Lamb of God is one of those metal bands that comes along once every 20 years or so and just blows everyone else out of the water. Lamb of God pretty much revived the groove metal genre that Pantera started and then to proceded to evolve it into something soo much better.

Whats with calling the lead singer a douche? Seriously? Just because you don't like "cookie monster" vocals anymore (but yet you listen to Sepultura and it doesn't get much more cookie monster than that) does not make him a douche. Randy Blythe has a one of a kind voice that is fuging amazing. He also writes some of the smartest, most poignant lyrics I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

On a side note, I totally agree about the drummer. Chris Adler is my idol. The dude rocks the fug out of those drums and his double bass skills are unparalelled.

Lars Ulrich is losing it. He can't play most of the more demanding songs anymore and it sounds like he is having a hard time keeping up with the easier ones now. There comes a point when a musician needs to hang it up, and Lars is fast approaching that time.

Hidden

Lars Ulrich is losing it. He can't play most of the more demanding songs anymore and it sounds like he is having a hard time keeping up with the easier ones now. There comes a point when a musician needs to hang it up, and Lars is fast approaching that time.

Ya know, I thought I heard him noticably slow up a time or two during One, but I thought I was just hammered.

Ya know, I thought I heard him noticably slow up a time or two during One, but I thought it was just because I was hammered.

What causes that to happen to a musician?

I understand an athlete losing a step or two but a musician unable to play his own music anymore? Is it physical, mental, or just overall burnout?

What causes that to happen to a musician?

I understand an athlete losing a step or two but a musician unable to play his own music anymore? Is it physical, mental, or just overall burnout?

It's probably the physical part. Some of his earlier songs were/are very hard to play. Dyers Eve for example. It's double bass throughout the whole song. Lots of blast beats as well. The older you get the less stamina you have and that song definately will take a lot out of you.

*disclaimer* I can't play that song either, I'm just a beginner but its pretty obvious how hard it is. Blackened and AJFA aren't too much easier either.

Archived