• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jersey #20

TheCasillas

13 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

Deshaun Foster if I recall

One of my favorite plays in Panthers history:

This was one of the single most memorable childhood moments for me. I remember watching with my Dad and this play happened. I had tears of joy in excitement... then the SB happened.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Foster was a beast out of UCLA. Wish his career became more than it was. Once he went to the 49ers it was over.

Once he broke his ankle against Chicago in 05 it was downhill from there.  He doesn’t break that ankle, we beat Seattle to play Pittsburgh in the SB.

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This was one of the single most memorable childhood moments for me. I remember watching with my Dad and this play happened. I had tears of joy in excitement... then the SB happened.

Man I still look back on SB 38 and l'm proud af. That team was honestly overmatched, but they had more guts and more heart than any other team they came across. We were playing a dynasty at their peak, we got down early but refused to quit. That team gave it their 100% every fuging play that game and just barely came up short. Cam is my favorite player ever, but I still say 17 played the greatest game of any Panthers QB ever that night.

SB 50 we were better and just played like a bunch of cowards.

23 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

I've watched this clip countless times over the years and today is the first time I noticed that Shane Burton (backup DT, #98) was lined up as a blocker on that play. You can see him starting at the 4 second mark.

8 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Once he broke his ankle against Chicago in 05 it was downhill from there.  He doesn’t break that ankle, we beat Seattle to play Pittsburgh in the SB.

I don't know about that since the defense started looking tired in the Chicago game and then gave up 34 points but we certainly would have been in a better position than with Jamal Robertson running the ball. Carolina only attempted to run with RBs 9 times... can't win that way, especially not when giving up almost 200 yards on the ground to the other team.

1 hour ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

Me too.  The one yard, extra-effort plunge. X Clown, irony aside, is my favorite play vs. Rams the week before, I think.  Sniff.  I need a moment.

Archived