• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Member the last time Hurney signed a legit starting free agent running back?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, joemac said:

I bet we sign a vet safety. Guard on the other hand I think we roll with what we've got.

Why does everyone keep bringing up "vet safety"? 3 of the top 4 projected safeties (Adams, Searcy, Jones) have been in the league since at least 2011 - is the sentiment that we'll be hopefully be signing a BETTER vet safety than those already on the roster?

9 minutes ago, Clicheking said:

I think we can resign him long term even if he shows out. He was due to make 4 mil in Denver, I imagine he got 2-3 mil from us. If he performs well I'd gladly re-up for that price.

He got at least 3 probably 4.

1 hour ago, Clicheking said:

I think we can resign him long term even if he shows out. He was due to make 4 mil in Denver, I imagine he got 2-3 mil from us. If he performs well I'd gladly re-up for that price.

So with all signings we are 12 million over cap.

with 1 million in space. Take out the bottom guy the most they could pay him this year is 1.7~ million with our current numbers.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/

3 hours ago, KB_fan said:

We've GOT to play this year as if it's 2018 or bust. 

Next year looks to be rebuilding ...

TD, Ryan, Pep retiring.

Funch, Anderson, and a bunch of key others (Addison?) in contract / prove it years

Could be very exciting. We have so many guys who are going to be playing ALL OUT!

Not to mention with new owner(s) coming on board, our GM and HC may be in a one year "prove it" situation as well.....

4 hours ago, TNPanther said:

God Stephen Davis was a fuggin hoss. 

As an organization it’s interesting that we’ve always had tough, physical RB’s. With the exception of that pansy MeAngelo.

Which is why I had hoped Fournette would fall to the Panthers. I like CMC, but love Fournette’s abilities. 

Archived