• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC = Curtis Martin

Jeremy Igo

12 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

After CMC was drafted, Gettleman compared him to Curtis Martin. People forget that. How CMC moves his feet is almost identical to what Martin did. 

“The best tackle-box runner I’ve ever seen is Curtis Martin when he came out of Pitt,” Gettleman said. “Christian is right there with him. Running in that tackle-box takes unique vision and unique foot quickness. And he’s got it. Curtis Martin had it. He had a great career, a Hall of Fame career. And this kid’s got those kinds of skills.”

And the Rivera/Shula Retard Combo pounded Stewie (god bless him) into the line for 1 and 2-yard gains for almost a full year.

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

CMC is a bit too stiff and a straight line runner to be exactly like Shady playstyle wise.

He should be able to have about 700 rush yards and about 700 catch yards this year coming up as starter. I'll say about 5 tds from each, totaling about 10 tds.

He is a player that will greatly benefit from a great online where he is one on one with safety in 2nd level and makes a juke for another 10-15 yards.

6 hours ago, Pantha-kun said:

Im not going to believe that CMC is going to run better b/c he supposedly got 10 lbs heavier in the offseason . 

This hype is reminding me of how excited people were last offseason over Shepard and expecting CMC to be so elusive no Lbs or Dline would be able to touch him lol. T=

I think he could really benifit if he gets the majority of carries for the start of the season. I dont think he could ever get in a rythm last year with Stewart wolfing alot of McCaffreys potiential carries. I feel like CMC was used more like a slot WR who occasionally got carries from the HB position. 

The main problem I had with CMC last season, was that he absolutely could not break tackles to save his life. Part of what made Kamara and Hunt so good last season is that they could bounce off tackles really well , whenever someone got their hands on CMC last season it was usually a wrap.  

He had good speed and decent elusiveness but thats not enough imo. IDK if he can learn to have a power element to his game when hes played with a very elusive style most of his life I'm guessing. 

This is what I said in a earlier post. Adding muscle and asking a runner to change his running style is similar to asking a passer like The Golden Calf of Bristol or Phillip Rivers, hell even Cam to Change their throwing motion. They have been doing it that way their whole lives and changing your instincts based on what god gave you is hard to do. Powerbacks normally have that instinct because that’s the way they have always ran. 

1 hour ago, BigSyke said:

CMC is a bit too stiff and a straight line runner to be exactly like Shady playstyle wise.

"I love his patience. He's not Le'Veon Bell, but his patience is like that. ... He's a four-down player. I love LeSean McCoy, and this guy's every bit as athletic." -- Mike Mayock

17 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

"I love his patience. He's not Le'Veon Bell, but his patience is like that. ... He's a four-down player. I love LeSean McCoy, and this guy's every bit as athletic." -- Mike Mayock

He's not the same type of player. 

For example both Randy moss and Tyreek Hill have blazing speed. But they play differently.

Both Cam Newton and Steve Young are athletic Qbs but they are not the same player playing wise.

Chris Johnson and Jamal Charles  have fast times 40 times. Both run different.

Brandon Jacobs and Leveon bell both run similar 40 times but they played the game differently.

Get it?

CMC is his own player in a unique way.

5 hours ago, BigSyke said:

He's not the same type of player. 

For example both Randy moss and Tyreek Hill have blazing speed. But they play differently.

Both Cam Newton and Steve Young are athletic Qbs but they are not the same player playing wise.

Chris Johnson and Jamal Charles  have fast times 40 times. Both run different.

Brandon Jacobs and Leveon bell both run similar 40 times but they played the game differently.

Get it?

CMC is his own player in a unique way.

Comp = similar height, weight, strength, speed. Not just the 1 thing like you're using in your examples.

Fact is, his numbers show they are similar athletic players. Slightly similar rookie seasons in total yards.

Get it?

Archived