• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC = Curtis Martin

Jeremy Igo

Lmao @ anyone still thinking CMC doesn't run between the tackles. That's like saying Cam Newton isn't a pocket quarterback.

It just shows you actually don't understand what you're watching.

Oh, and check ur PM Igo.

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Lmao @ anyone still thinking CMC doesn't run between the tackles. That's like saying Cam Newton isn't a pocket quarterback.

It just shows you actually don't understand what you're watching.

Oh, and check ur PM Igo.

Most people run their mouths simply because their guy isn’t who we drafted.

you can’t argue logically or make favorable comparisons with someone who is being emotionally irrational(most of society) because no matter how much sense it makes they are emotionally guided and use completely flawed arguments to rationalize their emotional belief.

you could show 100 clips of CMac cutting up the middle and breaking tackles and the emotionally guided will still say they saw the opposite, and cherry pick the numbers that back up their belief system.

the opposite is true too. 

Love Dan Marino— best quarterback ever hamstrung by a team that never had a good receiving corps or even decent offensive line and played an antiquated 70s style that didn’t help Dan at all,..people don’t understand the team sport of football.

Hate Dan Marino— never won a Super Bowl,.. he’s garbage,... life long loser and had bad knees,...

could make the opposite argument of Tom Brady— GOAT versus he’s on the best team with the best coach ever and he just plays his role.

argue that back and forth until everyone is exhausted and no progress is made— emotionally guided argument.

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Mccaffrey could get 100 more carries than Martin he still wouldn’t eclipse him. 

Emotionally guided argument that will go nowhere even if CMac runs 1400 yards this year or if he runs 500 yards. Lovers and haters will have their cherry picked numbers to back up their emotional beliefs

I won’t pretend to be some pro running back.But as someone who has played the position, running back the football starts with instincts and field vision. Christian has been running the football his whole life the way he has. Adding muscle mass isn’t going to change his running style because that isn’t who he is. You can’t just reprogram the way you see the game and think oh I’m 10 pounds heavier now I’m a power runner... that has never been his skill set. Could he possibly break a few more tackles in the open field? Sure.

But this Curtis Martin crap is a joke. There is only one Curtis Martin and he was the exception to the rule not the entry point. Better backs at less than 210 have tried and most of them have all failed. 

31 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Sad part is Fat Dave drafted 

2017 (#8): Christian McCaffrey

2018 (#2): Saquon Barkley

my life is fugged for the next 10 years. I will be comparing those two. Doesn’t look good atm and one of them hasn’t even play a down in the NFL

why are you comparing them again?

I will believe it when I see it. He had marginal success when he stopped dancing later in the season, but that's all I am willing to say at this point. Anything is possible, but whether it's probable remains to be seen.

TBD

1 hour ago, The Huddler said:

Yeah, you you casually left out that he had 1/3 the snaps curtis did

ya turd

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yes, and triple the amount of carries. 

Your point?

Martin played from 95’-05’ when NFL defense used to stack 8-9 men in the box to stop the running game! 

Are you keeping these imbeciles around just to feel smarter? I mean it is hilarious but at the same time these are the people who are screwing up your fast food order(or just food order in general), the data entry retards who enter your information wrong at the call center and we really wanna keep them here screwing up message boards too?

Used to be you'd get it if you were wrong but they also lack self awareness so it's extra stupid.

2 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Martin played from 95’-05’ when NFL defense used to stack 8-9 men in the box to stop the running game! 

Every team stacks the box vs the Panthers because we had no WR or just 1 WR when they'd triple Smith and still stack the box.

Read my above post, it especially applies to you, and Charlie means 'c' next time...that's why I said it so you can't mistake the fugin letter....hot fries too bitch.

Archived