• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC = Curtis Martin

Jeremy Igo

After CMC was drafted, Gettleman compared him to Curtis Martin. People forget that. How CMC moves his feet is almost identical to what Martin did. 

“The best tackle-box runner I’ve ever seen is Curtis Martin when he came out of Pitt,” Gettleman said. “Christian is right there with him. Running in that tackle-box takes unique vision and unique foot quickness. And he’s got it. Curtis Martin had it. He had a great career, a Hall of Fame career. And this kid’s got those kinds of skills.”

Curtis Martin was 5'11 and 210lbs. He was one of the best between the tackle runners in the league. He is also now in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. 

Last year CMC was 5'11 and 205. He easily looks like he could be 215 now. So if your main argument for why CMC cannot be a between the tackles runner is his size, understand that it just is a silly notion.

Martin Averaged 4 YPC his rookie year. CMC averaged 3.7 even with Shula calling the plays. Now that CMC has an actual honest to god NFL caliber Offensive Coordinator, you can safely expect better numbers from him. 

You fuging morons who think CMC is bigger obviously never worked out a day in your life.

It's called an arm pump in the gym with folding your arms and when you have lean muscle mass as it is, it makes you look even bigger.

Hes still 200-205, you dumb mother fugers. 

16 minutes ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

You fuging morons who think CMC is bigger obviously never worked out a day in your life.

It's called an arm pump in the gym with folding your arms and when you have lean muscle mass as it is, it makes you look even bigger.

Oh hey gym bro. Guess what? You aren't very bright. Pipe down and stick to flexing your glutes for your other gym bros to admire.

I've stood next to CMC numerous times. He is bigger in those photos. Has nothing to do with his biceps. 

Omg cmc is not curtis martin period. Cmc lacks explosive power from his legs. Trying size them up has nothing to do with frame, grit or toughness. Cmc is not very tough. He avoids contact because he knows he can not break tackles. Please stop the comparisons. Dave gettleman drafts despite a few players are looking like total poo right now. This man crush yall have on a scat back is beyond my mind. Cam Newtonis big, jstew is big, cmc looks like a damn slot wr we stole from the patriots in his pads compared to everyone else. Lmfao 

26 minutes ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

Yea they so dumb to actually believe someone can gain a measly 5 - 10 pounds in a year thru an nfl regimen. Also Gettleman sucks.

“Martin averaged 4 ypc his rookie year”causally leaving out the fact that he rushed for over 1400 yards

LOL 

Also I highly doubt Mccaffrey even weighed 205 last year, little guys like Mccaffrey put on weight before the combine to impress scouts, but once the season raves up they that can’t keep the weight up.   Mccaffey probably weighed 195-200 pounds during the season.

Plus weight or muscle don’t really matter, Reggie Bush was 205 built like a bodybuilder but like Mccaffrey he didn’t have good balance, his legs just don’t have that low center gravitational force. Look at Kamara or Dalvin Cook both aren’t that big or muscular but break and slip off tackles at a exceptional rate.

28 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

“Martin averaged 4 ypc his rookie year”causally leaving out the fact that he rushed for over 1400 yards

LOL 

Also I highly doubt Mccaffrey even weighed 205 last year, little guys like Mccaffrey put on weight before the combine to impress scouts, but once the season raves up they that can’t keep the weight up.   Mccaffey probably weighed 195-200 pounds during the season.

Plus weight or muscle don’t really matter, Reggie Bush was 205 built like a bodybuilder but like Mccaffrey he didn’t have good balance, his legs just don’t have that low center gravitational force. Look at Kamara or Dalvin Cook both aren’t that big or muscular but break and slip off tackles at a exceptional rate.

Yeah, you you casually left out that he had 1/3 the snaps curtis did

ya turd

1 hour ago, CarolinaCat89 said:

EVERYONE LOOK AT ME IM A LIFTING BRO YEA LOOK AT MY MUSCLE PUMP BROS YEA GLUTES BROOO

DO YALL EVEN LIFT

All I know is hopefully he learns not to run into tackles. He had a few good runs where he broke through the first whole then proceeded to run right into a defender. I'd love to see him get more carries though. Just like CAP, we won't know what we have until we actually use them. I'd like to see him get into a rhythm.

Won't know 'til we try. I think McC has the raw talent to be effective like a Martin or Le'Veon Bell type runner, his size really isn't a big deal to me. But we'll see how it goes as it definitely appears he'll be our lead runner this year.

Archived