• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colts releasing RB Matt Jones

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I could see the Panthers going after him or someone along the lines of him.

3rd round pick in 2015. Had a decent couple years with the skins, never saw playing time with the colts.

At 6'2 240 would be a nice compliment to CMC .

CAP > MJ

I remember watching a lot of him and Thompson couple years ago and thought they were set for the next decade.  He has tremendous talent and tackle breaking ability...  but I also remember watching him fumble away his job and getting benched by Gruden.  I think CJ Anderson provides a bit of power running without the fumble concerns, but Jones may still be worth a look for camp...  see if Skip can do some magic.

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

Agree that he is the type of guy we need but if the Colts dont want him I dont either.

How bout Orleans Darkwa?  I was looking at him during the draft and he is solid.  Not going to buy his jersey or anything but he is pretty solid.

Did the giants cut him?

20 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I could see the Panthers going after him or someone along the lines of him.

3rd round pick in 2015. Had a decent couple years with the skins, never saw playing time with the colts.

At 6'2 240 would be a nice compliment to CMC .

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneMa04.htm

3.9 ypc

1 fumble per 34 rushes/receptions.

1 TD per 39 rushes/receptions.

He fumbles more often than he scores.

He had some monster games. I’m concerned because he couldn’t get any playing time for the colts. Why is that? Injuries or what?

I don’t see why people are so worried about getting a running back. Not only do we have a good starting RB in CMC but we have some decent back ups behind him. Fozzy is similar to CMC and CAP has a career average of over 4 yards a carry.

also Runningback is one of the easiest positions to find. There are always UDFA and guys who have been in the league for a few years that never got any snaps that end up doing well, probably more than any other position. We could easily find a RB in free agency. 

I believe in CAP. I don’t know why anyone wants us to waste money on a back up RB when we already have two guys who are atleast average.

Archived