• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't expect a RB signing this week.

Jeremy Igo

56 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

2.9 million in cap space right now. Can add another 2.85 million by cutting Sheppard as a post June 1 cut. Can you stop bitching now?

Actually 6.9 million right now.   And I hope everyone understands that after the 3 rd or 4th round the rookies won't count toward the top 51 because their salary cap hit will not be high enough to hit the lowest number in the top 51.

https://www.nflpa.com/public-salary-cap-report

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Need to wait until at least May 10 as to not have any comp pick implications. 

So I would probably expect something between the 10th and when OTAs start, then possibly another later on. 

I believe Voth said it was the 8th.  But either way, I wouldn't be surprised if we haven't already been in contact with some guys we like and trying to set something up to be signed then.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

yay comp picks to trade away for more non starters. or we sign a fuging starter with our 1-2 million in cap space with holes that need to be filled. #hurneymagic

I didnt know marty signed most of those garbage contracts?  Like the Matt Kalil deal?  I wish people would get off Gettlemans’s junk and to have been a “talent evaluator” and a “cap guy” realize his drafts sucked and his cap management only got by because he signed guys that were bagging groceries the day before

3 hours ago, WesleyM said:

I didnt know marty signed most of those garbage contracts?  Like the Matt Kalil deal?  I wish people would get off Gettlemans’s junk and to have been a “talent evaluator” and a “cap guy” realize his drafts sucked and his cap management only got by because he signed guys that were bagging groceries the day before

The Shepard deal and Matt Kalil deals were Gettleman not Hurney. Hurney hasn't signed any garbage deals this time around.

Archived