• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney " Gaulden has a learning curve but in time he will be a solid player for us"

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, rico6 said:

Yeah, I liked Moore and Jackson, but as previous history shown rarely any good comes from double dipping (Gaulden not even being that good a prospect imho) in all honesty I'm getting Bad Hurney flashbacks with this draft after Moore.

I dunno.  Star and Kawaan turned out to be a valuable double dip.

On 5/1/2018 at 4:28 PM, Cracka McNasty said:

Height isn't my issue with Jackson. I don't care if you're 5'8" as long as you're built like a fire hydrant. 

My problem is he's super slight. He weighs under 180. Couple that with his short stature and it's a recipe to be tossed around. Captain is 2 inches shorter and nearly 20lbs heavier and he got tossed around last year.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do, but I hope he bulks up before now and the season while still maintaining his speed because he'll need the extra weight to compete and stay healthy at the next level. 

While I understand your legit concern I also believe that if you use proper technique you won’t get. To see around. A lot of times you can use leverage and technique to counter the size difference.

I believe he will put 10 pounds on this year. I think that’s actually a legit amount of gaining by week one. I do wonder if he will loose a lot of his speed if he puts on weight. I haven’t done the research but I don’t know if you can stay at the same speed while putting on 10-20 pounds of weight.

also check out this link below. It list the smallest players at each position and there are many defensive backs  that are lighter than or about the same weight as Jackson and they are great players.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-smallest-player-every-position-101916

OK, it's a week after the draft and Gaulden is my main question. Not saying that he won't be good (I honestly don't know much about him), just that there were still proven safeties on the board when we picked him, and he was a nickel in college. It seems a reach for a player unlikely to start. Even Hurney said that you need impact players in the first 3 rounds. Hopefully he will catch on quick enough to get some rotational snaps and be good on ST. It worked out for me because I wanted Thomas in the 3rd, and we got him anyway. Moore was who I wanted when we were on the clock (I expected him to be gone).  Jackson would have gone first round if he were a little bigger, so I'm good with that pick at 55. Haynes seems like a good bargain in the back of the 4th for a pure pass rusher, and Norton is a steal in the 7th. I think he has a chance to take Love's spot. I don't know about either of the LBs, but assume that they're both fighting for ST or PS spots.

Archived