• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney " Gaulden has a learning curve but in time he will be a solid player for us"

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Why did the Chargers let him walk with no apparent effort to re-sign him?  Serious question.

The saftey market is fuged right now.

There's a big gap between what the GMs are offering and what the players want.

A talented saftey class didn't help matters.

22 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Shut the hell up and quit throwing poo on the wall hoping it’ll stick. Vaccaro never lived up to expectations. NO were looking to trade him but then he managed to put together probably his best season until he got injured. 

NO had no plans to bring him back bc they have enough depth: Bell, Williams, Coleman

I've already researched you, Kenny. You suck!

28 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Panthers fans hated Boston in 2016. But oh wait now they love him 

Yeah turns out younger players can develop. Who knew.

Difference is Mike Mitchell is 30 and couldn't cover for poo 

10 minutes ago, Rags said:

Yeah turns out younger players can develop. Who knew.

Difference is Mike Mitchell is 30 and couldn't cover for poo 

And that's Vacarro's problem. He is terrible in coverage. And contrary to what Chucky is trying to insinuate, he sucked in coverage last season as well. He is a maybe-a-change-of-scenery type of guy, and that's his only hope to become a regular starter (without someone being injured of course). Or, perhaps if someone is only looking for run support 

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

It's a long, long way until opening day.

We were 11-5 with antique safeties and struggling corners, along with a nickel that disappeared.

We're going to be fine, probably even better.

That made me think like literally we were bad in pass D and still were 11-5 a dropped TD by Fun from advancing. We are clearly better than our last game not let's see how that translates into football production.

1 hour ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Searcy is def not a ball hawk so don’t get ur hope so high. He lost his job to Cyprien. Lollll

Oh snap Chuck I agree with you on something I'm as disappointed in him as you just wanted to point out Kurt who I like Lost it big time under preforming a 37 yr old will get you sliced. I want Boston to realize he's getting something like last years deal but he's getting a opportunity to play with what's looking like it has every piece needed to dominate but him. Pro bowlers upfront check Pro bowl LBs check Pro bowl DB nope but if he plays a little better than last year he'll be there. That in turn should get him his multi year deal.

46 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And that's Vacarro's problem. He is terrible in coverage. And contrary to what Chucky is trying to insinuate, he sucked in coverage last season as well. He is a maybe-a-change-of-scenery type of guy, and that's his only hope to become a regular starter (without someone being injured of course). Or, perhaps if someone is only looking for run support 

I'd be more concerned about Vaccarro's health.

He was solid in coverage last season and covered the slot okay before he pulled his groin. Dude has all the talent in the world just has the injury bug.

3 hours ago, rmoneyg35 said:

When you said D jax I thought you were talking about Vincent Jackson for some reason, I was about to say he doesn’t play no more then remembered.( I didn’t pay much attention last season)

also I don’t see why people are so worried about size. Many great corners were 6ft and below. Ty Law and Regis were only 5-11. Asante Samuel and Ronde Barber were only 5-10 and Darrell Greene was only 5’9. Broncos CB Chris Harris is only 5-10.

If a corner has good technique then he can make up for size and speed. Sure a WR may win with his size here and there but overall technique is more important than size. 

Height isn't my issue with Jackson. I don't care if you're 5'8" as long as you're built like a fire hydrant. 

My problem is he's super slight. He weighs under 180. Couple that with his short stature and it's a recipe to be tossed around. Captain is 2 inches shorter and nearly 20lbs heavier and he got tossed around last year.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do, but I hope he bulks up before now and the season while still maintaining his speed because he'll need the extra weight to compete and stay healthy at the next level. 

Why isn't Corn Elder mentioned in this thread? We really don't know what we have with him yet but I watched him play in college and he had a nose to make a play. Yet another guy in the DB room looking to make an impact. Training camp should be fantastic for several positions.

5 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Was Harrison hurt this off season?  He didn’t run at the combine or his pro day.

Was he trying to hide a bad 40 time?  Just trying to figure out why he went a lot lower than people thought. 

Not sure if it was at Alabama's official pro day, but he ran a 4.63, which is the same range as Gaulden.

Combine Results
 Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6020
Weight: 207
40 Yrd Dash: 
20 Yrd Dash: 
10 Yrd Dash: 
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 
No Full Workout-Choice

Dates: 03/07/18 03/28/18
Height: 6020
Weight: 207
40 Yrd Dash: 4.63
20 Yrd Dash: 2.64
10 Yrd Dash: 1.58
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 
Broad Jump: 
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 

4.54  40 Time Range: 4.63-4.66

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1002810&draftyear=2018&genpos=ss

Archived