• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney " Gaulden has a learning curve but in time he will be a solid player for us"

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Too me Searcy is more a SS than FS. Coleman was a ballhawker. I’m not a big fan of Searcy. He was one of the last guy I really wanted to pick up at S.

1. Kurt Coleman – 44.7 rating, #81 safety.Coleman played in 12 games this year. His 76 tackles look fine on paper, but he had zero interceptions after recording 11 combined in 2015 and 2016 and was often beaten in coverage.

Ball hawk umm... not so fast those days are past him that's what got him cut his bad pass coverage. 

2 hours ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Yes he is. I cannot believe Panthers fans have the nerve to say that Boston is all of a sudden an elite safety. This guy was a good role player for us honestly. But a terrible starter who couldn’t cover anyone. He was put in a situation in LA to succeed. One or two INTs he had out of the five were thrown right into his chest. Hayward, King and co covered Boston’s deficiency. 

Boston was one of the better FS last year and was a major part of the Chargers secondary.

Mike Mitchell blows coverages and racks up flags. Steelers fans hated him.

1 hour ago, ecu88 said:

R tard-Dootard

He will be covering D Jax.

Bradberry will be covering Evans.

Our secondary is going to shock you.

#SaveForLater

When you said D jax I thought you were talking about Vincent Jackson for some reason, I was about to say he doesn’t play no more then remembered.( I didn’t pay much attention last season)

also I don’t see why people are so worried about size. Many great corners were 6ft and below. Ty Law and Regis were only 5-11. Asante Samuel and Ronde Barber were only 5-10 and Darrell Greene was only 5’9. Broncos CB Chris Harris is only 5-10.

If a corner has good technique then he can make up for size and speed. Sure a WR may win with his size here and there but overall technique is more important than size. 

1 hour ago, panther4life said:

Here's another Hurney quote from the pre-draft presser.

Half of this board was okay with spending our 1st on  Justin Reid. He went at pick 68. The GM's league wide spoke on how they viewed this years class at the safety position. 

How many of you would have believed pre-draft that Edmunds would go 40 picks before Reid? Or that Bates would be off the Board at 55? Or that Tracy Walker would go ahead of Ronnie Harrison?

So maybe Harrison wasn't so great after all? 

Was Harrison hurt this off season?  He didn’t run at the combine or his pro day.

Was he trying to hide a bad 40 time?  Just trying to figure out why he went a lot lower than people thought. 

1 hour ago, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

Vaccaro actually had one of his best season last year before he got hurt so don’t be spilling POO. 

Boston wont be back. He done Information from a profile on the NFL website was the source of the error.come out and said that he talked with Hurney or who ever it was about a return. and the talk went dead really quick. 

Mitchell ain’t who he used to be anymore and still is a liability in the pass game but he’s a thumper. We need his attitude on the defense. He’s still fairly young. 

Vacarro was not good, and that's the only reason that the Saints dumped him.

57 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Was Harrison hurt this off season?  He didn’t run at the combine or his pro day.

Was he trying to hide a bad 40 time?  Just trying to figure out why he went a lot lower than people thought. 

The Panthers brought Harrison in for a private visit, then they went on to pass on him at pick no. 85 and traded down at pick no.88 while he was still on the board. Therefore, we can assume they didn't have a Day 2 grade on him. 

1 hour ago, trucpfan said:
  1. Kurt Coleman – 44.7 rating, #81 safety.Coleman played in 12 games this year. His 76 tackles look fine on paper, but he had zero interceptions after recording 11 combined in 2015 and 2016 and was often beaten in coverage.

Ball hawk umm... not so fast those days are past him that's what got him cut his bad pass coverage. 

Searcy is def not a ball hawk so don’t get ur hope so high. He lost his job to Cyprien. Lollll

56 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Vacarro was not good, and that's the only reason that the Saints dumped him.

Shut the hell up and quit throwing poo on the wall hoping it’ll stick. Vaccaro never lived up to expectations. NO were looking to trade him but then he managed to put together probably his best season until he got injured. 

NO had no plans to bring him back bc they have enough depth: Bell, Williams, Coleman

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Boston was one of the better FS last year and was a major part of the Chargers secondary.

Mike Mitchell blows coverages and racks up flags. Steelers fans hated him.

Why did the Chargers let him walk with no apparent effort to re-sign him?  Serious question.

Archived