• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many of the 8 draft picks make the regular roster this season?

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Linebacker, DT, TE, what's the difference when we could have gotten proven starter for a third rounder. I mean poo Dallas got Tavon for a 6th.

You do realize that we may have drafted the best TE in this draft (after all is said and done)? I don't think that people are drawing comparisons to Antonio Gates simply because it sounds good. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

So we traded Kelvin Benjamin for a linebacker who probably won't make the team. #Hurneymagic #GTFO

False. We traded KB for a third round draft pick and a poo load of cap space. Then we traded our 3rd round pick for multiple picks which ended with a solid TE.

Your attempt to curve for your own defense has failed.

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You do realize that we may have drafted the best TE in this draft (after all is said and done)? I don't think that people are drawing comparisons to Antonio Gates simply because it sounds good. 

Agreed Dawg. If Moore works out like we hope, and I've come around on his upside over Ridley, and Thomas can live up to his potential then those two alone could make this draft one of Hurney's best ever. Could be two staples in our offense for years like a Gates/Olsen and a Brown/Beckham/Julio, etc. 

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Not very possible that all make the team. Highly unlikely just one gets cut. 

I am going with 5. 

That was my first thought and if true--a very good draft.

Locks:  Moore, Jackson, Gaulding, and Thomas are locks.

Highly probable:  Haynes:  I think they have a plan for him. 

From there, I expect the rest to become injured and end up on IR or the PS.  Next season, we lose Mayo (maybe, but what LB wants to play behind Luke?)  and Jacobs and Norris.  We have 2 LBs who might even be upgrades, and could compete for a spot. Jacobs has a salary of $900k and only $50k in dead money.  Norris has a $650K salary with $6k guaranteed.  If both LBs competed and we needed to look for loose change....However, they will be PS.

Kendrick Norton is interesting.  He is a lot like Poe, and they may not want to risk him on the PS after preseason.  I think he was a steal and a perfect fit for someone looking to learn under Poe.

Archived