• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UDFA watch - Brendan Mahon - G - Penn State

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, davos said:

Moton v. Sirles v. Van Roten v. Larsen v. Bosch v. Amini v. that guy this thread is about

Gotta imagine one of those will be decent haha

Unless one really impressed, methinks it will be either Moton or Sirles starting day 1.  There's always a bit of shuffling throughout the year unless we magically stay healthy.  

Sirles was not a fan favorite in Minnesota.  Do not understand this dynamic between Minnesota and Carolina where we feel we can save busts and  disappointments.  Remmers--Vikings/Panthers (super bowl goat--literal goat) /Panthers.  Kalil---suckage at both locations---now Sirles, part of the worst OL in the NFL 2 years ago.

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Sirles was not a fan favorite in Minnesota.  Do not understand this dynamic between Minnesota and Carolina where we feel we can save busts and  disappointments.  Remmers--Vikings/Panthers (super bowl goat--literal goat) /Panthers.  Kalil---suckage at both locations---now Sirles, part of the worst OL in the NFL 2 years ago.

From what I've come across, he was just solid depth, nothing more but capable when he started.  He's a benchmark because he's better than Amini.  That's critical lol

On 4/30/2018 at 12:46 PM, Carolina-Chuck18 said:

This is my guy too. Mahon is my ANDREW NORWELL. I love how he plays and Penn State fans love him. Great size, moves well and can get to the next level. I’m really hoping we found another Norwell. 

Watched every PSU game for the past 2 years.  Mahon is legit...especially in the run game.  He was Barkley's favorite OL to run behind.  He is definitely a G in the NFL and has a very legit chance of making this team.

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Is the coaching staff trying to reunite Sirles with M. Khalil, thinking that it will recreate some kind of chemistry they had previously, playing side by side?  Admittedly, this theory is weak but its all I got. 

I’m a PSU fan.  Mahon was just OK at tackle.  But I could see how if he slid inside he might be pretty good.  Might be better athletically than the guys who were just guards.  

I do like the Bosch kid after those pictures.  

And I wouldn’t sleep on Hearn.  

We will have 3 really hungry guys fighting for a spot.  Hopefully we find a good one. 

On the Moton topic.  I’m sure he could slide inside and be good.  But if the team truly sees him as the replacement of the lazy guy on the left side or for Williams I would want him to be held out and continue to be groomed for that.  It would save us some needed cash to go for a ring next year.  I think we are still a year or 2 away from a run at a ring. 

On 5/1/2018 at 7:20 PM, KillerKat said:

Between him and Bosh, either one should be able to surpass Amini and finally make him go away.

Good to hear.  Hatter and you making MHS feel better about the G spot. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:01 AM, davos said:

Moton v. Sirles v. Van Roten v. Larsen v. Bosch v. Amini v. that guy this thread is about

Gotta imagine one of those will be decent haha

Unless one really impressed, methinks it will be either Moton or Sirles starting day 1.  There's always a bit of shuffling throughout the year unless we magically stay healthy.  

Hopefully man. Larsen might be best because we know he did good at center. Then Moton is next choice cause he has one year exp and played in certain situations last year. Everybody else is equal at this point except Amini..LOL

Archived