• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best 3 receiver set?

Jeremy Igo

To start the season: Funchess & Moore outside with Smith in the slot

As Samuel gets up to speed, I'd replace him and Smith...so Funch & Moore outside with Samuel in the slot. 

I think Moore needs to be thrown into the fire outside and learn quicker. Funchess should get the top CB and shade over to his side and Smith & Olsen exploiting the seam and intermediate underneath routes...allowing Moore to get the weaker coverage.

Funchess and Samuel outside, Moore slot. Funchess X, Samuel Z, and Moore Y/F.

Yes, Samuel hasn't had that many opportunities, but all indications show he'd be perfect on the outside burning corners deep. Once again, he can burn corners deep and is probably one of our better route runners on the team, and is arguably the fastest right up with Byrd and even Smith.

3.gif.f07f301e9779e9ba7dfeb19aba4602d0.gif

Torrey Smith will likely get the veteran nod, but I question whether he truly has better "hands" than Samuel. At the very least I'd love to see the both of them interchange at that spot, because we can't just waste Samuel at all.

Yes, Steve Smith hyped up Moore. Yes, he has potential and I understand that part. However, I'm not ready to crown Moore to play a position he really has no business playing just yet. Rivera mentioned he plans on having him playing primarily the slot, and occasional X. 

Moore simply just needs more refinement in his routes. Watch his tape, and you'll notice he's clearly in need of some coaching. Lance Taylor should be able to draw it out of him, but I question if he'd be ready by his rookie year to make that impact his potential has. 

Keep him in the slot and let him eat the short and intermediates where he thrives. Ease him into a bigger role as he gains more experience and gets better.

As far as I’m concerned Funches, Smith and...we’re still in trouble.

but unlike the rest of the huddle I won’t consider Moore anything without playing an nfl snap then flip poo because he isn’t a pro bowler his first year.

1 hour ago, mbarbour21 said:

Wow, I actually had to think about this a lot. Depends on the situation tho. Because all these sound tough.

Funchess/Moore/Torrey

Funchess/Moore/Wright

Moore/Torrey/Byrd

Moore/Byrd/Wright

*Moore/Samuel/Byrd (really interested to see this one) 

I like our situation at receiver right now. 

Moore/Samuel/Bryd someone is getting open on this one. Do we have enough time for Cam to see it?

Realistically speaking it'll be Funchess and Smith on the outside with Moore starting in the slot and then, like has been previously stated,  Moore will work his way in the outside being our most versatile piece. 

Samuel is gonna kinda get a build up/work in year. Samuel damaged a few nerves in his ankle so his progression to full speed will take some time. And the longer it takes Samuel to be a consistent deep threat the longer Torrey Smith will be on the team. Hard-pressed to see a spot for Byrd on the roster, outside of strictly being a punt returner. And  Rivera constantly stating that Moore has special teams ability kinda hurts Byrds case. 

Wrights our 3rd down chain mover lock to make the roster as well. 

Wright will be the surprise from the WR corp. I'm going DJ Moore, Wright, Samuel are who I'm hoping will be the best of the bunch. Samuel when healthy is going to shine, if even give him looks at RB. I'm not a big fan of Funchess, but he's a great go to guy on third down and red zone. Man our WR is stacked and should create great competition. 

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Funchess and Samuel outside, Moore slot. Funchess X, Samuel Z, and Moore Y/F.

Yes, Samuel hasn't had that many opportunities, but all indications show he'd be perfect on the outside burning corners deep. Once again, he can burn corners deep and is probably one of our better route runners on the team, and is arguably the fastest right up with Byrd and even Smith.

3.gif.f07f301e9779e9ba7dfeb19aba4602d0.gif

Torrey Smith will likely get the veteran nod, but I question whether he truly has better "hands" than Samuel. At the very least I'd love to see the both of them interchange at that spot, because we can't just waste Samuel at all.

Yes, Steve Smith hyped up Moore. Yes, he has potential and I understand that part. However, I'm not ready to crown Moore to play a position he really has no business playing just yet. Rivera mentioned he plans on having him playing primarily the slot, and occasional X. 

Moore simply just needs more refinement in his routes. Watch his tape, and you'll notice he's clearly in need of some coaching. Lance Taylor should be able to draw it out of him, but I question if he'd be ready by his rookie year to make that impact his potential has. 

Keep him in the slot and let him eat the short and intermediates where he thrives. Ease him into a bigger role as he gains more experience and gets better.

Sorry but we paid Smith 5 mil so he is going to be playing with Funchess and Moore. I don't really count on Samuel for much this year and maybe never since he is injury prone 

Why is there no love for Byrd!He caught all of his balls while even in great coverage. He should be above Samuels. Just bc Samuels was a draft pick does not mean he should be played more. It is just like the scenario where a vet is chosen over a newcomer just bc he is a vet. It should be based on production and production alone. Right now I have Funchess, Bryd, Samuels, Moore, Smith, Wright, but since we have a new coordinator everyone is competing. It could be Wright, Moore, Smith, Funchess, Bryd, Samuels. Since the new additions were added after Norv's hire and Bryd was given a contract after. I think Norv liked most of our wrs but brought in competition bc let's face it 3 of them that flashed are injury prone. I' not sure if Funchess is durable to be our #1 he was hurt just about as much as Bryd and Samuels. He just happened to play thru some of the pain but that New orleans playoff game he could not finish.

Archived