• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Munnerlyn gone?

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Had some weird moments last year, wasn't happy with playing time, yada yada.

Could save some coin by cutting him. Lots of nickels on the roster now.

Any point in keeping him around?

Nope, not after we drafted 3 CBs.

Ahhhhhhhh, I remember the old days, seems like only two years ago, when the haters explained to all of us morons how drafting 2 CBs in one draft was clearly bad GM'ing.

How times change!

Nobody knows if this will work.

But in retrospect, Gettleman left a pretty big poo pile in terms of the secondary by not trying to keep Norman and then all the draft capital he threw at it 2 years ago which didn't pan out.

We play in a division with 3 QBs capable of lighting it up, and our secondary was horrific last year on an otherwise good defense.

It needed to be fixed. It sucks that we are back in the same spot we were 2 years ago, but that is not a reason to not fix it.

In a perfect world, teams always fix their problems in FA and the draft. Not always the case.

But burying their heads in the sand and pretending last year was an aberration and that Worley, Coleman, and Munnerlyn were going to bounce back was nonsense.

People are acting like this was an awful team last year which is not true. We had 2 major deficiencies (secondary and receiver) and Hurney is trying to fix without sacrificing our future drafts or blowing up the salary cap.

This may not work, but to act like there wasn't a strategic plan to address it is nonsense.

17 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Idk. That's a lot of dead money. Maybe designated June 1st, but its still a lot of dead money.

You're right, but at this point I would say it's sunk cost and better to get rid of a disgruntled veteran and roll the dice on the young guys. 

Munnerlyn was awful last year, although he had plenty of company back there.

Now who knows how much of that was scheme. I like Wilks as a person and can see him being a good leader of men as a HC, but he was not a great DC in my opinion and left our subpar secondary out to dry by blitzing so much.

But regardless, at his age, I don't he's going to bounce back. Munnerlyn has always been quite small for a DB who relied on his althetism. If that's gone, he's done

Archived