• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2018 Carolina Panthers draft summary - Reasonable Expectations

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Can u link some examples of articles praising the pick of a TE with 28 career receptions? Not to mention he is now the de facto 2 string TE and could become starter at any moment if 88 goes down again. 

This draft screams vintage Marty and proves to me that he didn’t learn his lesson. Hopefully his days as GM are numbered. 

Have to disagree with ya man, he is going to be good. Too many people saying it was a great pick. Don't really know what u expect in 4th Rd or later. 

On 4/29/2018 at 5:09 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

2018 Carolina Panthers draft summary

Reasonable expectations for the drafted rookies of 2018. 

1. DJ Moore - WR - Must contribute immediately. The first WR taken in the 2018 draft means he has to produce right away. No excuses here really unless he is injured. 1000 yard season with a hand full of touchdowns would be nice and totally justify his selection. 

Thats extreme. Most likely he will be the number 4 option in a ball control offense 

On 4/29/2018 at 7:09 AM, gmonjimbo said:

Not much they could do about that unless they packaged their two thirds or a combination of a 2nd and 3rd. There was a big run of RBs and G/C from the early to mid 2nd round. When Rashad Penny and Sony Michel were selected in the 1st round, our chances of finding an impact RB in 2nd or 3rd became slim. 

No they past over Guice twice.... arguably the best back in the draft past Barkley.

On 4/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:
jEjgpmo4_bigger.jpgJosh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris
FollowFollow @JoshNorris
More

As @saltydontcare mentioned, Marty Hurney has a tendency to draft multiple prospects from the same school in a single draft. Happened in... 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2011 2018 Coincidence?

8:11 AM - 29 Apr 2018

This is what it looks like to me. He went to the Maryland proday and met the guys and said... I want all of u guys on my team..your a bunch of good hearted gentlemen,forget talent” I like ya”

17 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

No they past over Guice twice.... arguably the best back in the draft past Barkley.

They most likely passed on Guice because of reports about him lying in his predraft interviews and his lack of accountability- showing up late to meetings and such. 

8 hours ago, Snake said:

I will say this about the offense. The difference between last year and this year is speed. Cam can now make teams respect his long ball and that should open up CMC. 

Speed on the outside will keep teams from clogging the middle...should help the slot, TE, and CMC make plays underneath.

i think we will be a fun offense to watch again.

Archived