• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on Cameron Artis Payne "I wish we played him more"

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Lords0fPain said:

can't wait to see what the next 2 years brings and how it ends up...lol I do give RR an advantage due to having a Cam Newton as his QB.

Even with Cam Newton as his starting QB, it took RR 7 years before he had more winning seasons than losing ones.

RR still routinely misuses/wastes timeouts, fails to make ingame adjustments and allows opponents back into games with his conservative play not to lose approach.   

Now imagine RR without Cam Newton.  

He is a middle of the road HC at best.

3 minutes ago, Lords0fPain said:

is that not how you get better, know what to expect in game situations (vs. practice), how you learn? guess, you could walk on and do better, as you have never played a game at all...seems to be the logic here.

This has nothing to do with my football capabilities, which I'm sure you'd find impressive.  Most 5th round rookies see limited playing time their rookie year.  Blaming the coach for not playing the 5th rounder enough is just asinine.  But I'm sure if you were a coach you'd be able to play your 5th rounders every snap and win every game.  

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Even with Cam Newton as his starting QB, it took RR 7 years before he had more winning seasons than losing ones.

RR still routinely misuses/wastes timeouts, fails to make ingame adjustments, and allows opponents back into games with his conservative play not to lose approach.   

Now imagine RR without Cam Newton.  

He is a middle of the road HC at best.

that is why, I have anointed him Fox 2.0...lol

Just now, Manther said:

This has nothing to do with my football capabilities, which I'm sure you'd find impressive.  Most 5th round rookies see limited playing time their rookie year.  Blaming the coach for not playing the 5th rounder enough is just asinine.  But I'm sure if you were a coach you'd be able to play your 5th rounders every snap and win every game.  

then why put him in playoff game with such limited playing time...RR is just as much at fault when something like that goes wrong given the circumstances. is that not why, RR and JF always had to have vets in (even regular season games)?

2 hours ago, BigSyke said:

But he causes fumbles during the read option cause he does not have good chemistry with Cam

You're getting close, so there's hope.

Yes, there is obvious shaky chemistry between Cam and CAP on read-option exchanges.  But, because of the NFLPA over the years negotiating less and less practice time every time they sign a new agreement, coaches have less and less time to devote to giving 1st team reps to backups in practice.

So the fact that the chemistry isn't there is no fault of either Cam or CAP, that responsibility is placed on the heads of the head coach and his coordinators who are choosing which players get the most 1st team reps (not saying the coach's are choosing wrong, just saying that the responsibility of who gets the reps lies with them), and the collective bargaining agreement rules.

Additionally, on any read-option exchange, the responsibility for who has possession of the ball and when lies with the QUARTERBACK.  Again, that's probably tough on Cam (and CAP) with their limited reps together, but that doesn't change the truth or the facts.  The quarterback is reading the play.  The quarterback has possession of the ball.  Cam is a big, huge strong fella with huge strong hands, if he's allowing CAP (or any running back for that matter) to rip the ball out of his hands during an option read and that results in a fumble, guess who's fault that is? 

Hint: it ain't the running backs.

Hey, I was POed too. Cursed CAP and Cam...then I had to think...if the shoe was on the other foot and the other team put a 5th round guy, who was inactive most Sundays...I would have laughed my ass off and called the coach a complete idiot (got what he deserved) for doing that...been happy for a give me win in the playoffs...

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

You also don't know anything about option football. 

Clearly.

And some how you manage to know less.  

Cam is not going to adjust his style for each running back he hands off to, the running back must adjust to him...especially a rookie.

Hey lets discuss whether Norv is going to keep the read option much,  rather than discussing whose better at it, CAM or CAP.  I wonder with the CAM/CAP struggles with it, how much those two will run it.  CMAC seemed to pick it up better.

1 hour ago, Lords0fPain said:

Hey, I was POed too. Cursed CAP and Cam...then I had to think...if the shoe was on the other foot and the other team put a 5th round guy, who was inactive most Sundays...I would have laughed my ass off and called the coach a complete idiot (got what he deserved) for doing that...been happy for a give me win in the playoffs...

I don't remember.  Didn't we recover the post-season one?

3 hours ago, Manther said:

Cam ran the read option at Auburn, he's run it with several backs...but  two times with CAP in one game it pops out, clearly after the handoff at the line....and its CAM's fault?   

All you're doing is encouraging more people to post about CAP's fumbles.  Your not helping his case.

What's with the shouting?

CAP IS NOT ABOVE THE TEAM.

Did the big font work?  Do you agree now?  I didn't think so.

Yea cause Ron Rivera statement about having faith in him and giving him more carries will change due to huddle comment lol.

Cam is in charge of the exchange, he didn’t execute it properly cause he is the one doing the “read”.

NFL stats  also say it’s CAMs fault :)

p.s. CAM has botched snaps with other RB.

CAM IS NOT ABOVE THE TEAM.

Get it!

23 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Yea cause Ron Rivera statement about having faith in him and giving him more carries will change due to huddle comment lol.

Cam is in charge of the exchange, he didn’t execute it properly cause he is the one doing the “read”.

NFL stats  also say it’s CAMs fault :)

p.s. CAM has botched snaps with other RB.

CAM IS NOT ABOVE THE TEAM.

Get it!

Taking a play out of someone elses book but no one gave a poo when we creamed Delhomme....wonder why they get so mad when someone brings up something Cam did/does wrong.....hmmmm....

Also CAP is a decent backup and the "need" at RB some people on here made up to themselves was never a thing anyway so those people can keep imagining away.(we draft a RB in the top 10 and imbeciles on here convince themselves its a POS of need lol)(ask them if they've seen our new OC and how his offenses were)(and then tell them again that Cam is the best short yardage power back in the league)

Archived