• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on Cameron Artis Payne "I wish we played him more"

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

He has led to the team to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years. 

No offense, but no one would objectively take your opinion (or mine for that matter) over Rivera.

Rivera is way more open about his thinking than most other coaches (who have too much ego to admit a mistake or regret), but that doesn't magically translate into some deficiency he has that other coaches don't.

The Huddle would find out real quick the true opinion of Rivera around the league by people who matter if we let him go and there were 3 or more teams fighting to sign him.

The league is like that with coaches. Think those that watched those games, know Cam had a lot to do with a lot of those wins despite RR and Shulas sorry play calling. He has little weapons and actually THANKED RR publicly for getting DJ Moore...which ssounded like sigh of relief...

1 minute ago, Lords0fPain said:

Are you saying a fumble in PRESEASON is the "worst possible time"...because facts show ZERO fumbles in regular season...

I'm saying the giants/panthers game in 2015. The exchange him and Cam had was terrible. The read option is terrible with him and cam imo.

If I remember correctly he did another terrible exchange in Falcons game.

Seems like the Cap fans think Ron just pushed him into the dog house early so that's the reason he wasn't able to split carries and show his potential?

30 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

HE

HAS

ZERO

REGULAR

SEASON

FUMBLES

I can't even begin a conversation with you until you look at the links that I provided to you and get that through your head.  Until that time, any further conversation or explanation is utterly useless.

Its better to save your fumbles for the post season...really?

He has his shot right now.  CAP is our bruiser.   I think he is going to impress. 

But jeese quit trying to paint the picture that CAP hasn't fumbled.  That statisticians who blame CAM for the fumbled read option are wrong on this one.  We watched it happen.  CAP took steps forward with the ball  before he lost it on contact.  This is why coaches hate stats, because of this crap.  Seriously, give it up already.   All you are doing is enticing people to keep posting about his fumbles.    I want CAP to succeed, and honestly believe he will, but...

THE 

STATISTICIANS 

CAN 

SHOVE 

IT 

UP

THIER

ASS.

I know what I saw.

3 minutes ago, Lords0fPain said:

The league is like that with coaches. Think those that watched those games, know Cam had a lot to do with a lot of those wins despite RR and Shulas sorry play calling. He has little weapons and actually THANKED RR publicly for getting DJ Moore...which ssounded like sigh of relief...

I agree with you about Cam, but I really believe that it is dead wrong to believe Rivera isn't a top 10 to top 5 coach. Just my opinion, but Rivera is the best coach the Panthers have ever had, and just like Cam, a lot of the fan base won't realize how good he is until he's gone

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

He has led to the team to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years. 

No offense, but no one would objectively take your opinion (or mine for that matter) over Rivera.

Rivera is way more open about his thinking than most other coaches (who have too much ego to admit a mistake or regret), but that doesn't magically translate into some deficiency he has that other coaches don't.

The Huddle would find out real quick the true opinion of Rivera around the league by people who matter if we let him go and there were 3 or more teams fighting to sign him.

What does this really even matter? Most coaches who are respected around the league are immediately picked up by another team wants their current team lets them go and a lot if times its the better route than picking a guy with no head coach experience. John Fox left here and went straight to Denver and had success. Was anybody around here upset about it? The key is that Riveras coaching style might be better suited for another team than this one so the other team may benefit better. I have had a hard time trying to separate Rivera from John Fox and it changing soon... he is close to the same BUT with a Franchise QB and whole lot more likeable guy so thats the reason for the better winning percentage. 

what is ironic, is Fox was let go for never having back to back winning seasons.... matter of fact RR was the one that posted 2 losing seasons back to back...where fox got to 8-8 and went 2-14 in a lame duck season.

John Fox with Carolina 9 years W/L% .507

Playoff record .625% 8 appearances 5 wins 3 losses 1 SB loss

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm#all_coaching_ranks

RR with Carolina 7 years W/L% .579

Playoff record .429% 7 appearances 3 wins 4 losses 1 SB loss

RR  has no back to back winning seasons

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/RiveRo0.htm

can't wait to see what the next 2 years brings and how it ends up...lol I do give RR an advantage due to having a Cam Newton as his QB.

18 minutes ago, Lords0fPain said:

Hell, cam has been going hard on social media since the season ended. His own special way of crying out for help liking post and making comments... it makes no damn sense it had to come to that in the first place. 

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

What does this really even matter? Most coaches who are respected around the league are immediately picked up by another team wants their current team lets them go and a lot if times its the better route than picking a guy with no head coach experience. John Fox left here and went straight to Denver and had success. Was anybody around here upset about it? The key is that Riveras coaching style might be better suited for another team than this one so the other team may benefit better. I have had a hard time trying to separate Rivera from John Fox and it changing soon... he is close to the same BUT with a Franchise QB and whole lot more likeable guy so thats the reason for the better winning percentage. 

Wasn't that the Payton Manning years in Denver? And, I recall Elway saying Manning was calling the plays on offense...not Fox or his OC lackey...lol

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I respect your opinion. I don't post on here trying to one-up anyone.

I do believe Rivera is a very good coach.

The point about having a franchise QB is well taken, but at the same time Fox also seemed to have zero interest in trying to develop a QB (which was the same as Denver and Chicago).

And I do agree regardless of anything, Fox's time here was up. You are right about that. It didn't bother me he had early success in Denver.

I don't currently feel that way about Rivera. I think he is still the right man to lead the team. And not just because he is way more fan friendly than Fox (and certainly Seifert).

I don't mind if people disagree. I just think a portion of the fan base wants to get rid of Rivera bc a portion of every fan base thinks there is magically someone out there better.

And I disagree with that. One day, Rivera' s time here will be up. But I think and hope he still has ability to lead this team to a Super Bowl.

I liked RR when he earned Riverboat Ron...then he became John Fox 2.0 playing not to lose and still not able to post back to back winning seasons. Take out the lame duck year for Fox and they are the same coach...at this point. Only Fox never had a Cam...but he did have a Manning for 3 back to back winning seasons in Denver....again, just an observation. But, to be fair Manning was calling his own plays...not Fox or his choice for OC.

13 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Hell, cam has been going hard on social media since the season ended. His own special way of crying out for help liking post and making comments... it makes no damn sense it had to come to that in the first place. 

Glad you not the only one that sees that. Little stuff like that is why I think Cam thinks about leaving sometime.

Archived