• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on Cameron Artis Payne "I wish we played him more"

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I was starting to think, if CAP came out in this draft, where would he have gone in the draft, and IMO, I think he would have gone higher than the 5th.  I think even a few years ago when he was drafted, RB stock was a bit down, so people weren't buying as heavily as teams are today, opposite of WR's today.  I just think that the SEC rushing leader would have been drafted before round five in this draft, even with the depth of the class, because of that, I started becoming reclined to the idea of keeping him as our bruiser once we hit the 5th round.

If he holds onto the damn ball, he can be a great compliment to CMC who will be our primary back.

The SEC's 2017 leading rusher was Auburn's Kerryon Johnson with 1391 yards (4.9 ypc).  He was drafted in the 2nd round in this draft by the Lions.

The SEC's 2014 leading rusher was Auburn's Cameron Artis-Payne with 1608 yards (5.3 ypc).  He was drafted in the 5th round of the 2015 draft by the Panthers.

1 hour ago, Mikey818 said:

They need a shortage guy so cam does not need to do it  cmc is fine for receiving and other type run plays

Thank you. That's all I'm saying. Just get a power back like  Legarrette Blount. Use him like New England and Eagles did. Change of pace power back that occasionally break a big run.

Hurney should have got him as a free agent. Or Bo Scarbrough with 7th round pick.

No one is trying to take CMC starting job....I'm trying make it where Cam does not have to run anymore or be a short  yardage power back. 

I hope they get Anderson/Rawls or Cap/CMC prove me wrong and come in showing power n speed. I''ll take either scenario.

12 minutes ago, BigSyke said:

Thank you. That's all I'm saying. Just get a power back like  Legarrette Blount. Use him like New England and Eagles did. Change of pace power back that occasionally break a big run.

Hurney should have got him as a free agent. Or Bo Scarbrough with 7th round pick.

No one is trying to take CMC starting job....I'm trying make it where Cam does not have to run anymore or be a short  yardage power back. 

I hope they get Anderson/Rawls or Cap/CMC prove me wrong and come in showing power n speed. I''ll take either scenario.

Agreed even when cmc had his record year in 2015 they used a short yardage goal line back named reymond Wright for goal line duties at Stanford Cmc has never been a great goal line guy

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

The SEC's 2017 leading rusher was Auburn's Kerryon Johnson with 1391 yards (4.9 ypc).  He was drafted in the 2nd round in this draft by the Lions.

The SEC's 2014 leading rusher was Auburn's Cameron Artis-Payne with 1608 yards (5.3 ypc).  He was drafted in the 5th round of the 2015 draft by the Panthers.

Yeah, when I saw Johnson's highlights, I thought how Artis-Payne may just be better. I think that people underestimate his power, and though I think he is mostly a downhill, one-cut runner that may not shake-and-bake you, I still say that he gets skinny really well and explodes through the hole with marked quickness 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I see that the fumble-itis narrative is still hanging on. You'd think that people would have given that ghost up by now. It's just not true.

It's not but it seems to pops up in the worst times. Like that time when the Giants were in a close game with Panthers. Stew was kinda like that too, but it was more random.

You should know that magnifies a situation. People almost forgot all about Cam mvp run cause he didn't recover a fumble in SB. lol

Huddle: DERRRR WE TOTALLY DRAFTING RUNNING BACK FIRST ROUND DERRRR

Literally drafts no one. CAP was the answer from day one, that's what he was drafted for was Stew's eventual replacement. He'll be damn good. Then again, we'll constantly be playing from behind.

9 hours ago, BigSyke said:

It's not but it seems to pops up in the worst times. Like that time when the Giants were in a close game with Panthers. Stew was kinda like that too, but it was more random.

You should know that magnifies a situation. People almost forgot all about Cam mvp run cause he didn't recover a fumble in SB. lol

Show me on this page where all of CAP's "fumbles" touched you.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/ArtiCa00.htm

Now show me on the OFFICIAL CAROLINA PANTHERS PLAYERS STATISTICS PAGE where all of CAP's "fumbles" touched you.

http://www.panthers.com/team/roster/Cameron-Artis-Payne/6108b3b9-bfc0-4970-95c3-12a2e885c8c0

STOP.

PERPETUATING.

A.

MYTH.

Archived