• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on Cameron Artis Payne "I wish we played him more"

Jeremy Igo

I guarantee you Cap has been putting in work this off-season. I'm not sure if I just didn't notice before but after Cmc got drafted, Cap's agility level went up a notch. That said, he'll be ready. Not too sure about our depth though. 

As of now the only thing that I'll miss in our run game is the leaping ability in goal line situations. I'm pretty sure 50- 65 percent of our rushing goaline touchdowns came from Stewart jumping over both lines. No one on our roster at that position can replicate that. 

As for the playing time quote.... Same story from Rivera. Makes you wonder if Amini wouldn't have went down that year would Norwell still be on the bench? It is entirely possible we have 1 or 2 above average players on our current roster that just never got/get opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Translated "my loyalty to seasoned vets sometimes blinds me. But I'll probably never change"

NAILED IT.  Cap had 19 carries during the regular season, averaging 5.3 yards per carry.  Stew averaged 3.4. 

Those of you badmouthing CAP really don't know if he will suck any more than others know he will succeed.  So why don't you, in the spirit of being a PANTHER fan, support the PANTHER player--it is probably more important than you feeling right about something beyond your scope of actual understanding.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Those of you badmouthing CAP really don't know if he will suck any more than others know he will succeed.  So why don't you, in the spirit of being a PANTHER fan, support the PANTHER player--it is probably more important than you feeling right about something beyond your scope of actual understanding.

you tell me one good quality of cap.... he doesn't have any elite traits.... he's not fast..he's not agile...he's not big,hes not a pile mover...honestly his best trait is what field vision? He's just a JAG.

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

you tell me one good quality of cap.... he doesn't have any elite traits.... he's not fast..he's not agile...he's not big,hes not a pile mover...honestly his best trait is what field vision? He's just a JAG.

Imo his patience...maybe not elite but its up there. JAG you say? ... Before last season according to many here so was Darrell Williams. 2 seasons ago... Mario Addison. 3 years ago... Kyle Love, Byrd..4 seasons ago...Norwell...5 seasons...Norman.  Some players need that development time and some never develop. We really don't know if he can do the job but as a fan I'm hoping he holds his own. Although I admit I wouldnt have hated picking up a Rb today. Maybe this is the season he puts his game together.

Hell, looking at trends with this organization..I wouldn't be surprised if Horton finally show up consistently this season....then again I'm an optimist.

25 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I don't think so.  We'll see.  Posts like that can motivate a guy though.  

Him and CAM had trouble with the read option, we're either going to see less of those or CAP and CAM are going to be practicing those...a lot.

1 hour ago, BigSyke said:

Lot of G-man fans wont like this but G-man fuged this team with that CMC pick at 8.

He's a scat back that lines up at slot.....great. But not great for this team as a primary guy. He's a luxury pick and  running by committee guy, not Barry Sanders or Ladanian Tomlinson or any other psycho fantasy you think he is...LOL

This team needed a power/speed combo back that could take away Cam snaps.

This team continues to make their Qb the primary power back when he should be transitioning to a drop back passer, that scrambles only when pocket breaks down. And maybe a few designed runs here n there, to surprise the defense.

Instead, they depend on a Qb to do the dirty work as a power runner and people wonder why he cant stay accurate or healthy lately.

I don't care what anyone says but, it is stupid and I'll be surprised if Cam makes it out alive this season running 10 times a game plus taking blind sides sacks because this sorry ass oline.

Sounds like another losing plan. Enjoy...unless they get a Fee agent power back. 

What a sorry ass post!

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

What a sorry ass post!

It's true. CMC is not a power back is he? Cap is not a power back is he? Fozzy is not a power back is he? Cam is not a power back but he has more power than all three combined  as a QB....PITIFUL! This is a power run team, not a zone/finesse scheme.

So what did G-Man do to stop Cam from taking the load of carries and taking unnecessary hits?

Also the oline, even with Norwell, sucked as a run blocking team. They opened no holes or did  that well in pass blocking consistently.

A qb or a running back is nothing without an oline . I don't care how Elite he is....except Barry Sanders. Don't tell me CMC/Cap/Fozzy is Barry Sanders are they? I want to have a good laugh, so please explain to me how they are.

They need to go after Anderson or Rawls. All are better options at running back.

When Cam gets hurt from running the ball and Derek comes in with 2 back to back pick 6 I'll enjoy laughing my ass off at you delusional G-Man fans who think he never did anything to set this team back from success.

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I guarantee you Cap has been putting in work this off-season. I'm not sure if I just didn't notice before but after Cmc got drafted, Cap's agility level went up a notch. That said, he'll be ready. Not too sure about our depth though. 

As of now the only thing that I'll miss in our run game is the leaping ability in goal line situations. I'm pretty sure 50- 65 percent of our rushing goaline touchdowns came from Stewart jumping over both lines. No one on our roster at that position can replicate that. 

As for the playing time quote.... Same story from Rivera. Makes you wonder if Amini wouldn't have went down that year would Norwell still be on the bench? It is entirely possible we have 1 or 2 above average players on our current roster that just never got/get opportunity. 

I thought CAP looked shiftier this year too...and wondered how much CMC influenced.  Whatever the case...NEXT MAN UP!

I assume Riveria let the OC calls the plays which largely dictates the personnel on the field...add that to a loyalty factor and question mark around the CAP/CAM read option connection and you really limit the plays CAP was available for.  But no more.  CAP... here's your chance to shine baby.  Make it count.

20 minutes ago, BigSyke said:

It's true. CMC is not a power back is he? Cap is not a power back is he? Fozzy is not a power back is he? Cam is not a power back but he has more power than all three combined  as a QB....PITIFUL! This is a power run team, not a zone/finesse scheme.

So what did G-Man do to stop Cam from taking the load of carries and taking unnecessary hits?

Also the oline, even with Norwell, sucked as a run blocking team. They opened no holes or did  that well in pass blocking consistently.

A qb or a running back is nothing without an oline . I don't care how Elite he is....except Barry Sanders. Don't tell me CMC/Cap/Fozzy is Barry Sanders are they? I want to have a good laugh, so please explain to me how they are.

They need to go after Anderson or Rawls. All are better options at running back.

When Cam gets hurt from running the ball and Derek comes in with 2 back to back pick 6 I'll enjoy laughing my ass off at you delusional G-Man fans who think he never did anything to set this team back from success.

They need a shortage guy so cam does not need to do it  cmc is fine for receiving and other type run plays

Archived