• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on Cameron Artis Payne "I wish we played him more"

Jeremy Igo

I was starting to think, if CAP came out in this draft, where would he have gone in the draft, and IMO, I think he would have gone higher than the 5th.  I think even a few years ago when he was drafted, RB stock was a bit down, so people weren't buying as heavily as teams are today, opposite of WR's today.  I just think that the SEC rushing leader would have been drafted before round five in this draft, even with the depth of the class, because of that, I started becoming reclined to the idea of keeping him as our bruiser once we hit the 5th round.

If he holds onto the damn ball, he can be a great compliment to CMC who will be our primary back.

3 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Irrelevant at this point

what he does now is what counts...and he is gonna get the carries...fozy gonna get a big chance too

They need to come thru for us...so we will see

The CAP Fozzy duo is not what I hoped to see in 2018. But, oh well.

Lot of G-man fans wont like this but G-man fuged this team with that CMC pick at 8.

He's a scat back that lines up at slot.....great. But not great for this team as a primary guy. He's a luxury pick and  running by committee guy, not Barry Sanders or Ladanian Tomlinson or any other psycho fantasy you think he is...LOL

This team needed a power/speed combo back that could take away Cam snaps.

This team continues to make their Qb the primary power back when he should be transitioning to a drop back passer, that scrambles only when pocket breaks down. And maybe a few designed runs here n there, to surprise the defense.

Instead, they depend on a Qb to do the dirty work as a power runner and people wonder why he cant stay accurate or healthy lately.

I don't care what anyone says but, it is stupid and I'll be surprised if Cam makes it out alive this season running 10 times a game plus taking blind sides sacks because this sorry ass oline.

Sounds like another losing plan. Enjoy...unless they get a Fee agent power back. 

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

And instead, Rivera has wasted 2 years of CAPs career.

Plus, wasn't CAP an old rookie? Just like Calvin Ridley if my memory serves me right. Makes things worse because he’s a mature player trying to wait his turn at the one position you can be a plug and play immediately. But nah, let’s beat a dead horse and feed our washed up RB for a solid 15 carries for 40 yards a game performance instead 

Archived