• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera on Cameron Artis Payne "I wish we played him more"

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

This is a awful idea going into the season banking on a guy who hasn't proven anything....

I don't think we will.  I believe we'll wait until May 8 (the day FA signings won't effect comp picks) and sign a guy like CJ Anderson.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:01 PM, TheCasillas said:

Can I imagine him with Payton Manning in his prime? TB12? Michael Vick? Aaron Rodgers?

Do we win the SB if we have one of those QBs instead of Cam?

Since we are playing imagination land.

Tony Dungy, Pete Carroll, Mike McCarthy and Gark Kubiak all won super bowls... those are not good coaches. One could argue they are in the same bucket as Rivera.

2 of those coaches one a super bowl with one of the greatest QBs in history. If Rivera had that luxury maybe it would be different results for us. Those coaches have commanders at QB who run their offenses.

We had Cam following Shula's orders. It's not that Cam is a bad QB (although there have been throws I really wish he made) but it's not that Rivera is the reason we lost. 

We just never really put up a football team that was good on both sides of the ball (mainly offense, and outside of 2015).

Your argument is dumb. Rivera is well respected around the league and is a good coach. Shula not so much. Wilks not so much.

I'm convinced that if it weren't for the Saints last season, we would've had a reasonable shot to make it to the Super Bowl. We were competitive or beat every team in the NFC Playoffs except for those damned Saints; obviously Ted Ginn and A.J. Klein played a big part in that for the Saints.

I echo your sentiment on Rivera being a good coach. I like his leadership style as it seems to produce favorable results; delegate and let the people you hire do what they were brought in to do. He has since brought in a quality former head coach in Norv Turner who should be able to execute his responsibilities better than Shula could. Ron essentially is a Head Coach, who gives assistant head coach responsibilities to his Coordinators. 

Archived