• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many sure thing week 1 starters in this draft?

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Not a big fan of all the picks..Not because I hate the players.. But being honest I like other at the same position.. But looking at this realistically.. We got 2 for sure .. Moore will be 2nd or 3rd WR day one... And in today football Nickles cb play a lot of snaps.. So Jackson is a starter day one... If we don't sign another Safety Gauldin will start because Sercey is a backup anyway... What will make this draft a total A+ is if Ian beats Manhertz for 2nd TE.. If you know Norv we will run some 2 TE sets.  And Harrison earns situational pass Rush snaps.  

I know I'm goin on a limb, but I can't see a way that manhertz beats out Thomas.  Our backup tight end HAS to block, he's more of a FB/TE hybrid, and that is more what Thomas is.  Manhertz is a pass catching project, he can't block for poo.

6 hours ago, hepcat said:

The only player who will be on the roster in 3 years is DJ Moore 

Yeah, then we'll fuging trade him to Detroit for their third only to trade the third for four 7th round picks and take a bunch of fuging defensive tackles and linebackers again. Hurney = Mediocrity. Get the new owners here stat. Worth going 6-10 this year to get rid of JR's foot rubber.

10 hours ago, beastson said:

Ron love his vets whether a fresh player is better or not. So I'm going to say none

And thats why his vets he stays with keep losing games so RR needs to learn to stop doing this and change up once in a while or more. RR needs to have fresh bodies on the field to rest players and rotate them between quarters/plays.

Asking how many starters is the wrong question.  The right one is how many key contributors do we have week 1?

For that, I see four and possibly five, but a couple of later round pick (particularly the LB's) might have a strong impact on ST.

The more you look at it the more you can clearly see only one starter long term out of this. And that isn’t even promised... we don’t know he will be here 5 years from now just because he was a first rounder. kB was a first rounder as well. This draft was wasted opportunity... hurney got a second chance and pooed the bed.

Archived