• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many sure thing week 1 starters in this draft?

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, bewonee said:

Unless we sign a safety Gaulden will start FS. Moore obviously.

Yeah idk why everyone's acting like we've never started a 3rd round pick we really liked.

Turner has been a starter since day 1 here.

29 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd be pleasantly shocked if Gaulden starts at all this year.

I think that week 1 Gaulden will be the only starter from this group.  Moore could be starting before the end of the year but not at the start of it.

The only positions on the roster that were open for starts were: G, Wr, CB, S

3 of those were addressed in the draft.

If they are serious about moving moton to guard (2nd round pick from last year) thats the last one filled.

Serioulsy, people need to just calm down and let this play out for now. 

I'm not going to get caught  up in the word "starter". I see 4 players that can contribute (20+ snaps a game) right away. D.J. Moore, Donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, and Gaulden. 

D.J. Moore - can play all 3 WR positions

Donte Jackson- teams typically play with 3 WRs , Jackson will be matched up on one of them 

Ian Thomas-  Ed Dickson is gone and he is only competing with Chris Manhertz for No.2 TE 

Gaulden- Searcy and Demetrius Cox are his competition, will have ample opportunity to show that he is better.

This isn't the same situation with Vernon Butler or Shaq Thompson where we knew they were not going to beat out an All-pro (KK, Thomas Davis) caliber player for snaps, unless for injury. 

Most players selected after the 2nd round are depth and are rarely starters. Moore is a definite starter and Jackson will prob be by mid season  

I didnt care for the draft after the Moore pick but  we have Hurney so what did you expect. 

Archived