• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Day 3 general draft chatter

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

yesh, you could tell they had an entire days worth of material qued up for ratings once Shaqueem Griffin got drafted. 

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I get that it's a great story and all, but it's a little disrespectful to these other dozens of guys who are getting drafted in the meantime without a word said about them.

Day 3 of the draft is kinda wacky.  The NFL has all kinds of people announcing picks, etc.  Mayock was aggrevated last year because a chimpanzee was making picks or something.  He thought the guys getting drafted deserved more respect.

But, it's all about keeping an audience and most of the country has no clue after the first round so they do all kinds of stuff to keep the people watching.  Olympics did the same

7 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

and whats even stranger is that St. Brown is not your typical big WR. Very cut and in great shape, rather fast for his size, and incredibly athletic specimen. 

a few months ago I posted Matt Miller's big board...St. Brown was way low, and a couple of posters here who wanted us to consider him in the first said they were ignoring his opinion on everything because of it.

The only scout I follow on twitter is Miller.  He's good, he works hard, and he has the contacts.  I had been looking at ESB too, because of measurables.  I remember Miller said real NFL scouts had told him that ESB was not a top target because of something like didn't like practice, bad attitude, something of that nature.

A couple of mature posters here said "we'll see eventually."

We are seeing right now.

Everyone has an opinion.  Find someone you can trust.  I trust Matt Miller.

3 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Berrios to NE. Could have figured that 

Gotta give it up to NE. In a league where mediocre WRs are getting insane contracts, they continue to go after the types of WRs that get type-casted by the rest of the league and build an offense that tailors to these types of WRs. Basically undersized, quick guys who can get open quickly on short to intermediate routes.

16 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

I remember Miller said real NFL scouts had told him that ESB was not a top target because of something like didn't like practice, bad attitude, something of that nature.

That's very interesting.  I think I'm going to have to give him a follow on twitter.  It's really interesting because I thought he looked really good in space, but if he's got a bad attitude and poor practice habits...  Yeah, the NFL doesn't have time for that.

Archived