• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select TE Ian Thomas

Jeremy Igo

Just now, jumpman910 said:

People who think this is a bad pick strictly look at stats and don't understand the end goal. Thomas might be the best blocking tight end with the most upside outside Gesicki and Dallas 

listen i wanted the one handed linebacker or the DT who will pull a gaines adams, not some special teamer

This is a guy with all the physical traits and the combo TE mold...just needs to be under an experience vet for a year or two...we happen to have a top-10 TE all0time here.  I see absolutely NO reason to complain about this pick.  

We've got a WR, CB, S, and now TE.  People may have mocked other ideas but man, I'm good.  

3 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

Explain?

Not saying he can't be, but looking from afar his stats doesn't back up this statement.

Go watch his combine drills. That's when I started saying this.

As for his stats, he was the 3rd leading receiver on his team. That's pretty typical of a good TE. Indiana did have much of a passing attack or QB.

5 minutes ago, BigSyke said:

Also says that they believe in Dashon Hall( over Chad Thomas.Duke Ejifor) and look at him as a fresh draft pick to come in at DE.

Even if so, our DE corps desperately needs another for depth and the future.

he is a late bloomer, but a perfect #2 TE because he can block.  I dont care how many yards he had at Indiana---we arent Indiana.

I wanted him in the third.

The theme this year? Give Cam weapons and fix the secondary.  thought I should explain that to you novices.:eyeroll:

Archived