• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select TE Ian Thomas

Jeremy Igo

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I see Olsen a tier below guys like Engram, Reed, Ertz, Graham, and Kelce when it comes to speed.

Olsen's ypc has more to do with his route running and ability to find the soft spot in the defense rather than his speed or agility. His yac leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to running away from defenders.

To be an elite tight end you have to be elite at something and I feel like Olsen is an elite route runner but leaves much to be desired in speed and agility.

Regarldess, he's still a top tight end.

Yeah, there's some TEs faster than Olsen. But you said "slow ass". That's not even close to being accurate. Like I said, he still has above average speed for a TE. No he doesn't have great YAC ability but he is still absolutely an elite TE and he has been for awhile. Mediocre YAC ability is honestly probably about the only real knock on Olsen. Speed isn't. He absolutely still has the ability to stretch the field from the TE position.

As said elsewhere, a small sample size, but from his highlights it looks like he made plays against quality opponents like Penn St and Ohio St. and not just scrub teams.

He looks the part for sure, and hopefully with the staff we have and their ability to teach and create for the TE position, this guy is in a good place to nurture his talent.

From Tony Pauline 

Here's a look at the best players still available after three full rounds of the 2018 NFL Draft.

BPA After Round 3

Rnd

Grade

Pos

Full Name

School

1-2

DT

Maurice Hurst

Michigan

2nd

TE

Ian Thomas

Indiana

2nd

DE

Da'Shawn Hand

Alabama

2nd

DE

Josh Sweat

Florida State

12 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

You mean black? 

Did the other guy say Caucasian American? 

Why are we doing this??. Dude said he was a white stiff .. I said he is African American.. What is the fuging problem with this for you ppl?? Please just move on before we go a place you don't want to go...

STEAL OF OUR DRAFT CLASS RIGHT HERE. 

Of ian had more games played he would have easily been a second round pick. Extremely athletic, can line up inside and out, has great hands, makes plays on the ball, can stretch the field down the middle, did I say GREAT HANDS, very good dip in his hips and positioning for the potential to be a great blocker with coaching. He's a decent route runner as well. Having an athlete at tight end is BIG! I love this pick and the whole draft. Marty Hurney knocking it out the park this year. 

Archived