• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select TE Ian Thomas

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, caatfan said:

The last thing I worry about in a TE is 'lost a step'. 

I like the Thomas pick. He needs to glue himself to Olsen and soak up everything he's got to offer. 

That should be the first because if they aren't a prolific route runner like Olsen they can find themselves out of the league really quickly.

Kellen Winslow Jr. comes to mind.

I love this pick and it seems like great value. Hard working grinder that will do whatever the coaches tell him. That's a football player I want. Can block as well as run and punish after the catch, something Olsen doesn't do much of, the perfect compliment. Don't care how raw he is, this coaching staff and locker room will take care of him. 

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That should be the first because if they aren't a prolific route runner like Olsen they can find themselves out of the league really quickly.

Kellen Winslow Jr. comes to mind.

Depends on how the team uses the TE, but in general if a receiver can't run good routes his speed doesn't much matter.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His two highest average yards per reception seasons were 2015 and 2016. He averaged 11.2ypc last season with a limited sample size. His career average is 11.8. He averaged 13.4ypc in the playoff game which was what he averaged in 2016 which was his 2nd highest YPC season.

Yeah, he's probably not as fast as he was as a rookie, but he still has above average speed for a TE.

I see Olsen a tier below guys like Engram, Reed, Ertz, Graham, and Kelce when it comes to speed.

Olsen's ypc has more to do with his route running and ability to find the soft spot in the defense rather than his speed or agility. His yac leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to running away from defenders.

To be an elite tight end you have to be elite at something and I feel like Olsen is an elite route runner but leaves much to be desired in speed and agility.

Regarldess, he's still a top tight end.

Archived