• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait and see approach

Jeremy Igo

panthers_logo.jpg

Carolina Panthers 
Draft picks: Maryland WR D.J. Moore (No. 24 overall), LSU CB Donte Jackson (No. 55 overall), Tennessee DB Rashaan Gaulden (No. 85 overall). 
Day 1 grade: A 
Day 2 grade: A 
Overall grade: A 
The skinny: Moore was the best receiver in the draft. He's fast, quick, elusive, and tough. Get him the ball and let him go. Cam Newton needs more weapons, and now he's got a very good one. Jackson is a sticky corner who has no fear. If he wasn't so slight, he might have gone sooner. Despite his frame, he's willing to mix it up with any receiver. The Panthers got a good one to replace Daryl Worley in Gaulden, who is a physical defensive back that went in the correct part of the draft. The Panthers can play him at safety, corner, or nickel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929730/article/2018-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

I'm usually the first to complain but I'm happy with the draft. There are still a ton of good players available at positions of need for us. I could have taken or left gaulden, but I see the logic of it. Guy is a poor man's Minoan. Allows you to keep the same personnel of the field when offenses try to get matchup issues. He can cover TE and Slot WR. 

8 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

The fact that you even had to make this thread tells me everything I need to know about this draft.

It should be the same for every draft. It takes time. Why don’t we watch these guys play in actual games first before crying about every single thing the GM does. I’m not singling you out Leeroy, this goes to everyone on the board. 

Yes, it’s fair to question things we don’t agree with.  However, some people just cannot be happy. My day will not be ruined because of a questionable draft pick, especially in latter rounds. 

Have a nice day everyone!

5 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
panthers_logo.jpg

Carolina Panthers 
Draft picks: Maryland WR D.J. Moore (No. 24 overall), LSU CB Donte Jackson (No. 55 overall), Tennessee DB Rashaan Gaulden (No. 85 overall). 
Day 1 grade: A 
Day 2 grade: A 
Overall grade: A 
The skinny: Moore was the best receiver in the draft. He's fast, quick, elusive, and tough. Get him the ball and let him go. Cam Newton needs more weapons, and now he's got a very good one. Jackson is a sticky corner who has no fear. If he wasn't so slight, he might have gone sooner. Despite his frame, he's willing to mix it up with any receiver. The Panthers got a good one to replace Daryl Worley in Gaulden, who is a physical defensive back that went in the correct part of the draft. The Panthers can play him at safety, corner, or nickel.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929730/article/2018-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-every-team-through-day-2

To replace Worley? Everything I'm reading is that we brought him in to primarily play S, Worley wasn't a S.

Archived