• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait and see approach

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Lout said:

I have to assume we were targeting Arden Key with the 88th pick.  Oakland jumped 2 spots to get right in front of us to take him.. then we traded our pick in angst.  Arden was a 1st round talent with weed issues.  Hurney isn't the man anymore.. maybe the squeaky clean background is a thing of the past.

If this is the case, I love the trade down by Hurney.  We have tons of holes.  We need a RB, TE, and S.. and if there is a raw DE with high upside, we should take a flyer.  Looking forward to Day 3.  We have  assets to move around if needed with 6 picks tomorrow.

Lets not forget G is a big question as well. We need picks and there is value in the 4th.

If you haven’t learned by the past 3 drafts that falling in love with a player you personally like is 9/10 not going to be drafted by us, it’s as rare as mock drafts being accurate that we’ll take players every one wants. The pass offense and pass defense can do nothing but go up from here seeing as we were damn near at rock bottom, I’m eager to see how these guys pan out first before declaring them reaches and bust 

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

What made that draft awful was what we gave up for Everrette Brown and him being too undersized to be a 4-3 end. He was the top rated DE prospect that year in a very weak class. If he would have went to the right 3-4 system, he could have been good as an OLB. I think he lost his confidence and then had injuries.

Munnerlyn was a great pick. Goodson was solid. Martin started off promising but fell off. Even Fiammetta contributed.

Most NFL players don't like more than 3 years.

This wasn't a great draft, but it wouldn't have been awful other than giving up a future first for Brown.

Hope the Saints made the same mistake with Davenport lol.

What you don't do is give up future picks for guys in any other conference than the SEC. That's the conference you know guys have to play at a high level. 

2 hours ago, Mage said:

I understand people not being a fan of the draft. What I hate is people who complain about players simply because they’ve never heard of them and are forming their opinion off of someone else’s evaluation.  Just because the media says Player A is a 4th rounder doesn’t mean there aren’t teams out there that think Player A is 3rd round caliber in their system.

Exactly.  I called Rashaan Gaulden as one of our picks in my mock draft. The guys extremely versatile and will serve as a chest piece for Eric Washington. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:
2 hours ago, Gin and Juice said:

Just gonna leave this here

thank you for bringing true insight to this thread.

Perhaps another screen shot of a Hurney draft? Hey, I hope these guys turn out great, matter of fact, as much as I hated the Moore pick, at least I know we have a legit #1 WR now

2 hours ago, Lout said:

I have to assume we were targeting Arden Key with the 88th pick.  Oakland jumped 2 spots to get right in front of us to take him.. then we traded our pick in angst.  Arden was a 1st round talent with weed issues.  Hurney isn't the man anymore.. maybe the squeaky clean background is a thing of the past.

If this is the case, I love the trade down by Hurney.  We have tons of holes.  We need a RB, TE, and S.. and if there is a raw DE with high upside, we should take a flyer.  Looking forward to Day 3.  We have  assets to move around if needed with 6 picks tomorrow.

So you're expecting impact players on the third day? That's what's wrong with this fanbase

2 minutes ago, Gin and Juice said:

Perhaps another screen shot of a Hurney draft? Hey, I hope these guys turn out great, matter of fact, as much as I hated the Moore pick, at least I know we have a legit #1 WR now

Do we? All the receivers in this draft are poo

Just now, pantherclaw said:

Everyone said our two biggest weaknesses was that receiver and our secondary. It is safe to those weaknesses have been addressed in the first few days the draft. I would think the Huddle would be much happier than this.

Not if that db is playing nickel

1 hour ago, Seltzer said:

What made that draft awful was what we gave up for Everrette Brown and him being too undersized to be a 4-3 end. He was the top rated DE prospect that year in a very weak class. If he would have went to the right 3-4 system, he could have been good as an OLB. I think he lost his confidence and then had injuries.

Munnerlyn was a great pick. Goodson was solid. Martin started off promising but fell off. Even Fiammetta contributed.

Most NFL players don't like more than 3 years.

This wasn't a great draft, but it wouldn't have been awful other than giving up a future first for Brown.

Hope the Saints made the same mistake with Davenport lol.

Well here is another draft then. At least we have a legit WR based on history

DEE3BBF9-8BE6-4AFF-8326-B4C1F713ECBC.png

Archived