• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait and see approach

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, Gin and Juice said:

Just gonna leave this here

B6E13A08-15F9-4377-ADEF-077A04BBDA6B.png

What made that draft awful was what we gave up for Everrette Brown and him being too undersized to be a 4-3 end. He was the top rated DE prospect that year in a very weak class. If he would have went to the right 3-4 system, he could have been good as an OLB. I think he lost his confidence and then had injuries.

Munnerlyn was a great pick. Goodson was solid. Martin started off promising but fell off. Even Fiammetta contributed.

Most NFL players don't like more than 3 years.

This wasn't a great draft, but it wouldn't have been awful other than giving up a future first for Brown.

Hope the Saints made the same mistake with Davenport lol.

5 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Call me crazy but if Gettleman was still here and made these same exact picks everyone would be hyping these players up. We saw it happen every year and we also saw many of those players not live up to expectations. 

To me it's very clear Hurney allows his coaches to have a huge voice in these picks and I don't think he's going rouge here. I researched a lot of names that mock analyst directed us to but did not do much research on any of our picks today. Once I get caught up a bit then I'll have an opinion on how we did so far. 

If DG was here, these picks would still be bad (besides Moore). I liked DG's draft last year, but didn't like his previous draft the year before. A bad draft is a bad draft. It doesn't matter who the GM is. Just pick good players that are obviously there in your face instead of making it harder than it should be and choosing projects or sticking to a philosophy to stroke your own ego even if it's detrimental to the team.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have to admit I'm not a fan of the trade down.

It's not that we traded down that far, but some of the players who were taken after we traded out of that spot are guys I wouldn't have minded seeing us take.

There's always that. But I have to believe that they like who is available on their current tier, that will still be there when we draft tomorrow. Plus we're gaining an extra pick. 

Just now, KillerKat said:

If DG was here, these picks would still be bad (besides Moore). I liked DG's draft last year, but didn't like his previous draft the year before. A bad draft is a bad draft. It doesn't matter who the GM is. Just pick good players that are obviously there in your face instead of making it harder than it should be and choosing projects or sticking to a philosophy to stroke your own ego even if it's detrimental to the team.

That post was especially stupid considering DGs actual fuging draft atm....

11 minutes ago, panther4life said:

To me it's very clear Hurney allows his coaches to have a huge voice in these picks and I don't think he's going rogue here.

I'd feel better about that if I thought Rivera had a good eye for talent.

Unfortunately, I think talent evaluation is one of his weaknesses.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And what evidence do you have for that MR....if that is your real name!

Oh you mean Rivera/Hurney's first whole stint together?  right carry on

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I understand people not being a fan of the draft. What I hate is people who complain about players simply because they’ve never heard of them and are forming their opinion off of someone else’s evaluation.  Just because the media says Player A is a 4th rounder doesn’t mean there aren’t teams out there that think Player A is 3rd round caliber in their system.

One of the best posts of the night

5 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

Every year it's the same. Every player we don't take will be a all pro and every player we do take will be a bust. I don't like his picks so far but that's mainly bc I have no idea who these guys are. Unfortunately there is no quick way to evaluate a draft until after they play. 

I hear you dude... But the fact you don't know who Gaulden is really solidifies how most fans shouldn't react much to a draft.  Gaulden certainly could start for us immediately at safety and play well.  He was a big time player in the SEC

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

True but in 24 hours when draft grades come out, everyone will mention how stupid they are and that you cant judge players until 2-3 years out unless they bust before then.

At least we picked positions that were needs. Hard to judge the players before we know anything about them. That's the main reason everyone hates the picks, because they are not household names, or players who magically slipped a whole round vs mock draft experts opinions. 

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I understand people not being a fan of the draft. What I hate is people who complain about players simply because they’ve never heard of them and are forming their opinion off of someone else’s evaluation.  Just because the media says Player A is a 4th rounder doesn’t mean there aren’t teams out there that think Player A is 3rd round caliber in their system.

Forming an opinion off of someone else's evaluation is life and education completely  summed up. No way we can know everything about everyone or subject. We have to research others opinions to form our own in most life situations. Think about it.

It also says a lot about some of the huddlers that pied this as a great post.

Archived