• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Rashaan Gaulden , DB, Tenn

Jeremy Igo

I appreciate the people who have actually watched him play weighing in with their thoughts. I think that sometimes they know better than the so-called experts. That being said, between fans and a little research, I'm guardedly optimistic about our two picks tonight. 

Just now, panthers55 said:

What does a nickel corner have to have? Speed and/or good cover skills against shifty receivers  and running backs. If your nickel corners are 5'11" or 6'0" what's the problem? Seems they can play inside or out.

The problem is we have 4, all of which were acquired within the last 18 months at either hefty contracts or draft picks. Not saying it's bad, but a hard pill to swallow when you typically play one at a time and only in nickel situations.

42 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

I just don't get taking Gaulden when Harrison was on the board. 

I'm okay with Gaulden in a vacuum but when we could have had a true safety... 

Someone please explain :(

Evidently, they liked him over Harrison, dispite that fact.

1 hour ago, frash.exe said:

why couldn’t we just have picked justin reid

why. do. we. have. to. go. through. this. poo. every. fuging. draft. marty.

why. can’t. he. pick. a. defensive. back. that. clearly. projects. to. a. starting. position. at. the. pro. level.

Did you really expect anything different? I sure as poo didn’t. It’s why we drafted amini instead of glenn 

18 minutes ago, Rubi said:

His measureables are not good. 

4.61 speed

8 reps 

119 inch jump

30 inch vertical 

And yes in the NFL these things do matter and are important as this league is made up of freaky humans. Gaulden is going to have to find another way to win against NFL players. He’s on the short side of physical tools 

And sometimes their just good football players.

10 hours ago, Rubi said:

4.61 speed

8 reps 

119 inch jump

30 inch vertical 

And yes in the NFL these things do matter and are important as this league is made up of freaky humans. Gaulden is going to have to find another way to win against NFL players. He’s on the short side of physical tools 

SMH. Can’t believe we picked this unathletic tweener over a Saban coached stud safety 

23 minutes ago, Rubi said:

4.61 speed

8 reps 

119 inch jump

30 inch vertical 

Sam Mills heard that his entire life.

1 hour ago, frash.exe said:

why couldn’t we just have picked justin reid

why. do. we. have. to. go. through. this. poo. every. fuging. draft. marty.

why. can’t. he. pick. a. defensive. back. that. clearly. projects. to. a. starting. position. at. the. pro. level.

Because Hurney is garbage, has always been garbage, and won’t ever change. 

17 minutes ago, MtnProwler said:

The problem is we have 4, all of which were acquired within the last 18 months at either hefty contracts or draft picks. Not saying it's bad, but a hard pill to swallow when you typically play one at a time and only in nickel situations.

That is the point here. You can play more than one and in any situation. These guys are versatile which is where we are headed on both sides of the ball. Look at Moore. He is a wide receiver who could play running back. CMC is a running back who can play wide receiver. Now we have two guys who can line up at different positions at safety, corner, in the slot or outside. They have complementary skills and each possess unique skills to match up against other teams players. If you think these two guys are remotely similar and will only play the slot, you are letting your emtions close your mind to the possibilities. 

Archived