• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Rashaan Gaulden , DB, Tenn

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Fox007 said:

This is where it gets good because people like the quoted above always say.

"They don't know us or this team" every year when our picks are universally panned and criticized.

NOW those people know wtf they are talking about....hahahahahhahahahahaha gold.

Lol pretty true homerism I get a case of it around this time

I've been on record as a Gaulden hater. But the more I watch his tape the more I like him. The kid plays straight nasty. Has great play recognition and flys around like a kamakaze. I like him. I just wish he had better combine numbers. 8 reps and a 30 inch vertical kinda sucks lol

I’m not gonna lie and sit here and pretend like I watch film like a lot of posters here but from his YT highlights he looks like he knows how to find the ball. It may not be an INT every play but he’s always in good position to make a play. I wonder how he’ll do at safety 

54 minutes ago, Yaboychris28 said:

I've been on record as a Gaulden hater. But the more I watch his tape the more I like him. The kid plays straight nasty. Has great play recognition and flys around like a kamakaze. I like him. I just wish he had better combine numbers. 8 reps and a 30 inch vertical kinda sucks lol

High Football IQ is better than any athletic metric.

However, metrics do have their place and these are concerning. I just tested at the gym and my 34 year old non athletic body met those two metrics. I start wondering was there not a better proven safety in FA? 

Im behind him because he's now a panther but those are the concerns I see.

3 minutes ago, MtnProwler said:

High Football IQ is better than any athletic metric.

However, metrics do have their place and these are concerning. I just tested at the gym and my 34 year old non athletic body met those two metrics. I start wondering was there not a better proven safety in FA? 

Im behind him because he's now a panther but those are the concerns I see.

Exactly. I played RB at a D3 school and I could get 17 225 reps and had a 32 much vertical. It is very concerning. Maybe UT had a bad strength and conditioning program. Which is hard to believe.. it’s a D1 SEC team. Hopefully the Panthers strength team can help this kid out 

What people who are upset seem to be conveniently omitting from their criticisms is these first 3 draft picks all instantly bring a certain level of swagger to their respective position group. We need more guys like Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly anchoring each side of the ball. That's a good thing.

Archived