• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Rashaan Gaulden , DB, Tenn

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Lol elder won't make team and that's literally the worst secondary in the league. poo u thought Cleveland blew it

Nobody has any clue if Elder will make the team or how he will play. Any assuming is just that assuming. Also I don't think that the players I listed were great players yet but we did get younger. 

Ross Cockrell is a serviceable outside safety until Jackson can be ready. 

Captain will be the nickel until Corn is ready. 

I still think that we will pick up a safety after the draft. There is a lot of good players out there. 

Also Cleveland has had a good draft. 

Well after stitching my wrist up after I slit it last night I did some research. Either draftscout.com are geniuses or idiots.  They have him above Reid and Bates for FS as others have mentioned. His comp is Morgan Burnett. But if he is making that transition to safety I don’t see him as a day one starter. So I think we are going to get someone in FA.  

I will say this. I have watched a ton of tape this year. I will admit that I am a baseball player grading football players. But the one thing I kept harping on  on most of the FS I watched is they just don’t tackle.  They all act like crossing guards on the street. Wtf. You got pads on. Hit somebody!!!!  Free Safety shouldnt stand for “Free of Contact”. Gaulden looks like he will at thump somebody  

So I will cross my bloody fingers and hope Morgan Burnett is reincarnated in Gaulden. 

the problem with gaulden is he played for the biggest dumpster fire tennessee teams since like, the state of alabama was demanding the federal government extradite fulmer to tuscaloosa. 

He's a good player, there's just no telling where he plays

it's the hurniest of hurn moves: fall in love with a player, worry about what he's going to do later. 

in conclusion ill be the guy in orange in this pick

pm2EeIq.jpg

3 hours ago, TylerVagyler said:

Both picks universally praised.....except on the Panthers fan site. Makes sense. 

This is where it gets good because people like the quoted above always say.

"They don't know us or this team" every year when our picks are universally panned and criticized.

NOW those people know wtf they are talking about....hahahahahhahahahahaha gold.

2 hours ago, RockyTopVol said:

You will find no bigger Tennessee fan than me. Still...this was not a good pick! I would have been okay taking him in the 5th.

The 3rd? GTFO!! 

That’s unfortunate.  I tend to listen when fans of a college team aren’t excited.  

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

Hurneys fuging ego I swear

Well one thing we know....it is a Hurney draft 

so we will be debating about DJ Moore’s statue in a couple years while everyone else is out of the league from this draft 

11 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

I just don't get taking Gaulden when Harrison was on the board. 

I'm okay with Gaulden in a vacuum but when we could have had a true safety... 

Someone please explain :(

Harrison has way less coverage skills, more a SS while Gaulden fills the direct need of FS

10 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

I will be rolling on the floor laughing this fall if we are still getting shreded in the secondary while Reid is shutting down offenses and Watson is torching defenses in Houston 

I doubt you’ll be laughing guy. Most likely you will be bitching on here more. But you can always join the Texans fan club 

Archived