• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Donte Jackson - CB - LSU

Jeremy Igo

LOL@ everyone nitpicking about this dudes weight.  He will probably put on 10-15lbs before the season even starts.  These guys are the most athletic people in the world and you are upset about his weight.  Also 510-511 is a NORMAL height for DB's.  Not saying I am absolutely thrilled with the pick but we needed a CB and someone who can actually keep WR's from blowing the top off our defense....well, we got that.  

I don't understand why Panther-Nation dislikes this pick and is hoping for future bust FS- Reid.  CB Jackson from LSU (I think they have more than a few CB playing in the NFL) Jackson has step for step cover skills, isn't afraid to tackle and has serious make up speed.  At 5'11- 178 he has the height; but not weight to play on the outside.  He'll be 188 by the time the season starts. Just watch the tape.  Excellent draft so far... WR Moore is the real deal and CB Jackson will prove not to be a wasted pick...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Checked arm length...

Jackson - 29 1/2

Oliver - 33 1/2

That is why I liked Oliver so much. He is athletic and crazy long to play big. We are being built to beat the Saints who owed us and the division. You remember when Hurney got Davis to stop Vick. He just got Jackson to stop Ginn.

Archived