• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Donte Jackson - CB - LSU

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

Looks like the Falcons and Bucs will still be abusing us through the air .

And this franchise still doesnt give a poo about drafting a saftey high. Continuing to make bad choices in the secondary well after  Norman is gone. 

We''ll sign a safety in free agency--this pick was OK.

I don't know what you are seeing but Jackson was a great pick. He is 5'10" but he is long so he plays bigger. He is blazing fast but athletic as well. He not only shut down quick shifty guys in the slot but his natural position is outside when he shut down bigger  and  smaller guys  with great recovery speed and athleticism competing for the ball. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/lsu/2018-nfl-draft-donte-jackson-lsu-cornerback/amp

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not gonna complain, but my initial reaction is WTF?  In a division with Evans, Michael Thomas' bird face ass, and Julio, and we draft another 5'10" (178 lbs too, yikes) CB with "not great cover skills" according to NFLN?

I really thought Oliver was the best fit left for what we do with zone, physicality, and bump and run.  We already have Captain, Seymour, and Corn as smallish DBs, so I dont really get it.

Checked arm length...

Jackson - 29 1/2

Oliver - 33 1/2

Plenty of 5'11s have excelled on the outside.  It helps when you have speed and an attitude that can agitate the opposing receiver.

Furthermore, this guy is not a 5'8/5'9 NB.  He can play NB, can playm outside, and can easily beef up a bit to the 190-200 range and keep the speed.

I actually love this pick.  

17 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

The only thing keeping me from raging is according to NFLN, he had a first round grade so the value was there.  And Hurney did say he wasnt going to reach for need, so that held true...  that being said, his track record on 2nd rounders scare the hell outta me and so does Jackson's frame.

Have you been paying attention? According to these fuggers, there are 112 first rounders.

2 minutes ago, Car123 said:

37 inch vertical.

he puts on??? 5 pounds. still only 183. prob still has that pop. another 5 lbs? still under 190 i bet he starts losing some speed and that vertical. he'll never be a 200 pound #2 CB. hurney reached like he always does in the second

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I don't know what you are seeing but Jackson was a great pick. He is 5'10" but he is long so he plays bigger. He is blazing fast but athletic as well. He not only shut down quick shifty guys in the slot but his natural position is outside when he shut down bigger  and  smaller guys  with great recovery speed and athleticism competing for the ball. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/lsu/2018-nfl-draft-donte-jackson-lsu-cornerback/amp

Panthers fans crying over Oliver. Jackson is better than Oliver and Hughes. 

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Lol at giving a damn that rivals picking players huddlers wanted. 

Some.

Funny.

Poo.

It’s a matter of giving a damn, it’s just a little ironic . Maybe that atl gm gets his advice from the huddle haha!

Archived