• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Donte Jackson - CB - LSU

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Lol I can't wait till he picks off mole face and takes it to the house. I also said he wasn't as refined as PP. He does stay in the hip pocket and uses his body and speed to create leverage. Will he be able to stop JJ in the slot on a island no. But not many CBs can do that. He plays much bigger than he is and once the game slows down for him that speed and smooth hips could make him a force. 

I will add this two. He's going to have to put on at least 30 lbs to really not get abused on the outside. But at 5'11" he can move up to 180 easily and still be extremely fast. 

He's already 180. There's no way in hell he puts on 30 lbs lol. 

I won't say he plays bigger than he his. He's sticky and athletic. Hips are fluid. I think he'll do well as a nickel.

58 minutes ago, CaseyGraham said:

But the fluidity in his hips are phenomenal. There is so much to like about this guy. One thing I really love is the swagger, confidence, and aggressive nature he plays with. I guarnetee you he starts on the outside and plays the nickel in some packages. Hands are overrated, as long as the ball is broken up, dealing with a few drops don't worry me. He'll be great. This draft will go down as one of the best we've had. That fourth round pick for TE from Indiana will be our biggest steal from the draft. If he had more games played he would easily be a mid second rounder or higher. Athletic, can stretch the field, has phenomenal hands, makes plays on the ball, big, decent speed, and a great dip in the body for blocking. What a great pick

I agree about the hips. I don't see him outside. I've watched him outside and I don't think he plays as well there as in the slot. Can he? Sure. But I don't think that's putting him in his best position. Especially in our division. I like Donte, but Ryan, Brees, and Winston would salivate with him lined across from Julio, Thomas, and Evans. He's just to light. 

I love the Thomas pick. Wanted him at 91. Huge sleeper.

16 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
SbUmsMii_bigger.jpgBill VothVerified account @PanthersBill
FollowFollow @PanthersBill
More

In simplest terms, the Panthers see the additions tonight like this: Bradberry matches up with the tall WRs, Jackson can get the shorter, faster guys, Gaulden can help in the box against TEs. It’s almost like they have a plan.

8:02 PM - 27 Apr 2018

This should be a thread of its own. Too many folk will gloss over it in this thread.

2 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

He's already 180. There's no way in hell he puts on 30 lbs lol. 

I won't say he plays bigger than he his. He's sticky and athletic. Hips are fluid. I think he'll do well as a nickel.

He weighed in at the combine at 147. If he's already 180 then he's the size of most CBS in the league. 

I see outside potential in him but we will see. Year one I seriously doubt they try him on the outside simply because we have other guys. 

Just now, Snake said:

He weighed in at the combine at 147. If he's already 180 then he's the size of most CBS in the league. 

I see outside potential in him but we will see. Year one I seriously doubt they try him on the outside simply because we have other guys. 

He weighed in at 178 at the combine.

17 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
SbUmsMii_bigger.jpgBill VothVerified account @PanthersBill
FollowFollow @PanthersBill
More

In simplest terms, the Panthers see the additions tonight like this: Bradberry matches up with the tall WRs, Jackson can get the shorter, faster guys, Gaulden can help in the box against TEs. It’s almost like they have a plan.

8:02 PM - 27 Apr 2018

What was Hurney's plan the last 10+ years he was here? Or are they just admitting that his plans fugin suck?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

What lol

If he weighed 147 at the combine nobody would have drafted him

Archived