• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Donte Jackson - CB - LSU

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Chris Harris Jr was an UFA at 5’11” listed at 180 but prob 175 coming out of KU. Walterfootball rated him as the 44th corner. 

Sometimes you just can’t talk with these guys and swagger/desire to be the best drives them to be great players. Who knows if guys like Oliver, Reid have that. Jackson seems to...

True you can't.

Then again guys with swagger like Daryl Worley are delusional and think they are good when they are not.....but they got that swag i guess.

34 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Chris Harris Jr was an UFA at 5’11” listed at 180 but prob 175 coming out of KU. Walterfootball rated him as the 44th corner. 

Sometimes you just can’t talk with these guys and swagger/desire to be the best drives them to be great players. Who knows if guys like Oliver, Reid have that. Jackson seems to...

But sometimes you just can?

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He can press Julio Jones?

He will compete. I actually like the pick and Jackson could become the best CB in this class with his speed and athleticism. I really wanted Oliver but I guess we had a higher grade on Jackson. LSU produces top notch DB’s and with Tre’Davious White and Jamal Adams endorsement I feel more comfortable. 

Remember the Panthers sending out Shaq to guard Nelson Agholor in the slot to get abused for a TD? We need DBs that complement each other. We already have enough 6"0 corners that run 4.5 - 4.6. We didn't have a CB that could line up against the quick release WRs that seemed to be open on every 3rd down. Donte Jackson fits that need and he fell into our laps. 

8 hours ago, Bj-Monster23 said:

He will compete. I actually like the pick and Jackson could become the best CB in this class with his speed and athleticism. I really wanted Oliver but I guess we had a higher grade on Jackson. LSU produces top notch DB’s and with Tre’Davious White and Jamal Adams endorsement I feel more comfortable. 

Oliver seemed to have tight hips at times. He also just used his size to bully less talented WRs. Those things won't translate into the NFL well. Jackson has good instincts and is extremely fluid. His closing speed on the ball reminds me of a young PP. Not as talented as PP but in a year or two if he studies the game he's going to get a bunch of picks from baiting QB's. 

8 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Remember the Panthers sending out Shaq to guard Nelson Agholor in the slot to get abused for a TD? We need DBs that complement each other. We already have enough 6"0 corners that run 4.5 - 4.6. We didn't have a CB that could line up against the quick release WRs that seemed to be open on every 3rd down. Donte Jackson fits that need and he fell into our laps. 

Lol I think that was more poor coaching than not having personal. I remember Shaq throwing his hands up like dude I'm not a DB. 

1 hour ago, Yaboychris28 said:

I’m not a hater but I just don’t see how a player who runs 4.31 flys underneath the radar like some of you guys are saying he did.. 

The same way DJ Moore and Ridley both are there when we picked in the first. I mean no one would have mocked that. 

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Great pick, this guy is brash and flamboyant, something our secondary needs. He can play outside and inside as well.  

There will be mismatches if he lines up outside consistently that the NFL teams will exploit, it comes down to what WR is in that spot.

5 minutes ago, MtnProwler said:

There will be mismatches if he lines up outside consistently that the NFL teams will exploit, it comes down to what WR is in that spot.

SbUmsMii_bigger.jpgBill VothVerified account @PanthersBill
FollowFollow @PanthersBill
More

In simplest terms, the Panthers see the additions tonight like this: Bradberry matches up with the tall WRs, Jackson can get the shorter, faster guys, Gaulden can help in the box against TEs. It’s almost like they have a plan.

8:02 PM - 27 Apr 2018

4 hours ago, electro's horse said:

lol this dude has no idea how to play football

he's just a fast dude with long dreads

that's the hurney i know and love

Want to know how people in this forum don't know football. 

Copaining about a cornerbacks weight and  size. Average DB is 5-10----6.0ft. Weighs 180 or more by the season. Has great hips, makeup speed,  and coverage ability. You want your CB's lean, long arms, around 6ft.  The league is more of a dink and dunk league now. Tall and thick cbs can't cover the small quick elusive WRs. This guy can. 

Archived