• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers select Donte Jackson - CB - LSU

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

I just don’t understand picking another slot CB.No offense to the bloke I hope he does well. But @saints4lifeagain tells me this guy is primarily a slot. Can’t wait to hear the thinking behind this.

Just go look at his highlights. It's pretty easy to see where he played. Majority of his snaps come from the slot/rover role. 

Jackson is pretty raw. Like I said, he came as an athlete, without a true position. He couldn't play offense because he's got hands of stone. Seriously. I don't even know if he has hands. It might just be nubs lol. But if he can work on his technique, he's athletic enough to be a good slot corner. I think he's too small to play outside. 

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

That is why I liked Oliver so much. He is athletic and crazy long to play big. We are being built to beat the Saints who owed us and the division. You remember when Hurney got Davis to stop Vick. He just got Jackson to stop Ginn.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Checked arm length...

Jackson - 29 1/2

Oliver - 33 1/2

$100 JACKSON >>>> Oliver

That is why I liked Oliver so much. He is athletic and crazy long to play big. We are being built to beat the Saints who owed us and the division. You remember when Hurney got Davis to stop Vick. He just got Jackson to stop Ginn.

Really .. How about we stop Mike Thomas 1st..

Not just Ginn...  Ridley, Desean Jackson, Ginn and etc.  bradberry struggles against speed and quickness 

Between Carlton Davis, Isaiah Oliver and Donte Jackson, Jackson was my favorite, (as I stated a few picks before ours in round two). I love his anticipation and aggression. Pound for pound, I don't think there is a better cornerback. The rub is that there is not too many of those pounds!

I never expected we would draft him because of his size. I just figured I didn't know anything about player talent. Hopefully, he is like dynamite in a small package.

1 minute ago, saints4lifeagain said:

He can't catch a cold standing naked on the beach in Alaska. For real lol. 4 career INTs. Dudes got bricks for hands lol.

Thank you I see that.. that's why they said questionable ball skills.. meaning he can't catch the ball. 

Archived