• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore Highlights Video

Jeremy Igo

Just now, h0llywood said:

I agree.

OBJ is slightly quicker (quickest shuttle times during his combine) but Moore is more explosive (broad jump) and a lot stronger. 

1.jpg

It’s the 3 cone I always first look at for WR’s. That’s what really separates guys like Beckham and McCaffery in the quickness department 

26 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Rivera actually pointed out the role they expected from him.

He says they are expecting Moore to fill in the H role with the occasion X. In common terms, they expect him to be majority slot while they original pit him outside as an X. 

I think that's the best way to use him for now. Get him in space while he's learning the route tree and how to beat press, and he'll feast. Maximize his YAC.

@TheCasillas

If this is true, it’s a decent middle ground in terms of where we both see him 

But like I said this was supposed to be what Samuel brought. However if the Panthers are willing to already admit they may have made a mistake and move on I can’t be too mad about that

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s the 3 cone I always first look at for WR’s. That’s what really separates guys like Beckham and McCaffery in the quickness department 

Exactly.

At first I was bummed we passed on Ridley but i've come to terms that instead of getting the more refined and ready WR, we might have gotten the more explosive WR with higher ceiling.

As for the 3 cone and shuttle, I was surprised to see Steve Smith's combine numbers. 

12.jpg

Just now, h0llywood said:

Exactly.

At first I was bummed we passed on Ridley but i've come to terms that instead of getting the more refined and ready WR, we might have gotten the more explosive WR with higher ceiling.

As for the 3 cone and shuttle, I was surprised to see Steve Smith's combine numbers. 

12.jpg

7.44!!!!? Did he fall? Christ, that’s shocking

Yeah I’m really curious to see how both these guys careers pan out (Ridley v Moore)

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Rivera actually pointed out the role they expected from him.

He says they are expecting Moore to fill in the H role with the occasion X. In common terms, they expect him to be majority slot while they original pit him outside as an X. 

I think that's the best way to use him for now. Get him in space while he's learning the route tree and how to beat press, and he'll feast. Maximize his YAC.

Hey @Saca312 where did you hear this? I've listened to the press conference multiple times and Rivera specifically says he will play at Z but can see him at the "F"??? (Never heard of the "F", assuming that is the slot).

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Draft-press-conference-Day-1/e69a6468-e37f-4f26-bca0-093f14dba88d

At the 5:40 mark.

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

@TheCasillas

If this is true, it’s a decent middle ground in terms of where we both see him 

But like I said this was supposed to be what Samuel brought. However if the Panthers are willing to already admit they may have made a mistake and move on I can’t be too mad about that

I am not sure where Saca got that info. I listened to the presser multiple times now and Rivera clearly states he will begin at the Z but will get time in the slot. Time will tell.

I get you on the Samuel thing. It was a weird pick, and even in that moment I was skeptical but at the same time I like to give a player 2-3 seasons to prove me wrong until I write them completely off. Unfortunately, it is a waiting game.

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Hey @Saca312 where did you hear this? I've listened to the press conference multiple times and Rivera specifically says he will play at Z but can see him at the "F"??? (Never heard of the "F", assuming that is the slot).

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Draft-press-conference-Day-1/e69a6468-e37f-4f26-bca0-093f14dba88d

At the 5:40 mark.

When I get home I'll have to listen to it but I'm pretty sure I heard an earlier comment it was mostly slot.

If it's not that, I can't help but question why Moore would be a "z" considering his skillset. Not a deep threat, can't really beat corners or run slick routes as of now. While he's improving in that area, he's not at the point where I'd be confident he'll be strong in that area right off the gate.

He thrives as a short-intermediate guy. Which is where prioritizing "F" makes more sense.

But yes F is another terminology for a slot receiver, more specifically with a TE in play.

Archived