• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Receivers - 5 are already locks I think ...

Jeremy Igo

Looky Looky

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2018/04/27/carolina-panthers-receivers-moore/

Funchess, Moore, Samuel, Wright, Smith are all locks ( I think )

Wright was paid 2 million in cash up front. I cannot see him getting cut and kissing that dough good bye. 

Some say Torrey Smith is not a lock. I don't think so. He is the only other receiver besides Funchess on the list above that is at least six foot tall. 

So 5 are locks. MAYBE room for one more but they really don't need much speed anymore on this receivers roster. They could use more size. 

Enter Brenton Bersin

I hope Wright isn’t a lock because he got 2 mil at signing. That’s a sunk cost. Now if he’s one of the five best receivers on the roster, great.

I think veteran leadership could make Torrey Smith a lock (and I guess Wright could fall into that category), but personally I want us to keep the best players. And honestly, Ron worries me because I don’t think he statistically gives the potentially best players enough chance to compete for spots. 

7 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Wright hasn’t proven anything in his career, I would much rather keep Byrd

You obviously weren’t watching the Vikings game last season. Romo kept saying it was going to Wright on third down. Time and again he was clutch. He’s not and never will be a 1000 yard receiver but he’s a very helpful complimentary piece. Now the argument that we already had that in CMC is fair. Byrd and Samuel have shown flashes but they have to show that they can be dependable over time. If they keep getting injured their opportunity will disappear.

2 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

You obviously weren’t watching the Vikings game last season. Romo kept saying it was going to Wright on third down. Time and again he was clutch. He’s not and never will be a 1000 yard receiver but he’s a very helpful complimentary piece. Now the argument that we already had that in CMC is fair. Byrd and Samuel have shown flashes but they have to show that they can be dependable over time. If they keep getting injured their opportunity will disappear.

Oh please, Wright didn’t even get meaniful snaps last season, and Romo maybe called 2 Vikings games all season. He’s been in the league for years and has never even broke the 500 yard marker.

1 hour ago, PanthersAlv said:

Was thinking the same thing now. Bersin... as much as people hate that idea, I’m sure, he has been a possession receiver. And, isn’t the fastest thing alive but, is consistent and Cam trusts him. 

Yeah Bersin gets a lot of flack here, but he's been nothing but consistent and reliable, especially at moving the chains. Every team needs a WR that can move the chains. Although I think that his opportunities came from defenses not being concerned about him, but he made the catches when they came his way.

1 hour ago, GoobyPls said:

Oh please, Wright didn’t even get meaniful snaps last season, and Romo maybe called 2 Vikings games all season. He’s been in the league for years and has never even broke the 500 yard marker.

The Panthers gave Byrd a basic 1 year no frills contract. 

They gave Wright 2 million up front. 

Money talks way louder than what coach speak they have at press conferences. 

Archived