• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up for a Safety in round 2?

Jeremy Igo

Don't want to move but IF we do, it could look something like this: (DraftTek Trade Value Chart)

Panthers get:                                Pick      Round       Points

from Broncos:                               40          2                 500

or

from Packers:                              45           2                450

133          4                   39

207          6                     8

Broncos or Packers get:

55           2                 350

88           3                 150 (this is the 2nd of our 3rd round picks)

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like it in inevitable at this point. Do you think Hurndog will satisfy his trade fix with a move to grab Reid or Harrison? 

Stupid if he does.

Its much, much better to have 4 picks in the Top 100 players than 3 or even 2.

After thinking about it, I'm on the No wagon -for Safety at least. 

I'm a yes in the trade up for CB.

The FA market is still full of young Safeties, not so full with CB's. 

If we have a shot at drafting Jackson/Oliver, then trade up, then take the BPA between safety and TE with our Thirds. 

21 minutes ago, Toker Smurf said:

Don't want to move but IF we do, it could look something like this: (DraftTek Trade Value Chart)

Panthers get:                                Pick      Round       Points

from Broncos:                               40          2                 500

or

from Packers:                              45           2                450

133          4                   39

207          6                     8

Broncos or Packers get:

55           2                 350

88           3                 150 (this is the 2nd of our 3rd round picks)

What about one of the thirds from next year? Do they hold less value?

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like it in inevitable at this point. Do you think Hurndog will satisfy his trade fix with a move to grab Reid or Harrison? 

Although we never, under any circumstance, draft for need, I think it comes down to how many  needs we expect to meet in this draft.  Personally, I think we should do what we can to address 3-4 positions--you mess up if you try too meet all needs.

S is the next obvious position where we can drat talent that can compete with the penciled in starters.  I am not sure about trading up.  I think there are 4 or 5 Safeties with second round grades that would help us. 

I really like Reid, but there is also value in Harrison that would make moving up a good idea.  But Marty is going to be aware of his old habits and our many needs. I think we wait for the third round

48 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

After thinking about it, I'm on the No wagon -for Safety at least. 

I'm a yes in the trade up for CB.

The FA market is still full of young Safeties, not so full with CB's. 

If we have a shot at drafting Jackson/Oliver, then trade up, then take the BPA between safety and TE with our Thirds. 

If we're gonna expend draft capital, why not trade up and get another weapon for Cam with Dallas Goedert?

I fondly remember the success of the 2-TE sets back in 2011.  And you've also added speed on the edge with Moore.  And Norv is calling the plays instead of Shula?

Hell, Ron might finally want to score TDs instead of FGs with that kind of talent infusion into the offense.

I think safety is a huge need. However, I'm not sure why everyone on this forum is optimistic about this team drafting one with an early pick. The last time the Panthers drafted a safety with a day 2 pick was 2008 (3rd Rd - Godfrey). This team significantly devalues the position and need to upgrade it. I don't see that changing today...matter of fact, I think we'll see a 30+ year old vet signed after the draft, along with a handful of undrafted safeties added to the PS. That has been the trend for the past 9+ years...annoying. 

Archived