• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up for a Safety in round 2?

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

While that’s tempting, I think Reid, Harrison, or Bates will fall. I want to leave tonight with  a safety, a CB, and maybe a OL stud. 

I think that would be a solid first two days. 

Still very worried about what happens if Olsen gets hurt though. Panthers don't have another NFL caliber TE on the roster. 

14 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I think carolina trades up but doesnt have to trade up as far as they think.  I think they sit and watch until 1 or 2 of their targets come off the board, then they make a move.

Yeah, I can't see a 15 place jump, too expensive. Thinking 5 spots. A trade twinkie to satisfy Hurney's craving. 

What I want tonight is some combo of Jackson, Oliver and Reid.  If we get one of those corners and Reid, I will immediately declare this the best ever draft we've had picks 1-3.

I'm a bit worried all 3 of those guys will be gone in the first 10 picks though.

I would be really pleased trading up for a starting safety. This is the range where we might expect Harrison and Reid to represent good value much better than the mid-twenties.

However if we could somehow get Josh Jackson I would be ecstatic. This is a guy who was top 15 pre-mock. Unlikely but I dare to dream.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I think that would be a solid first two days. 

Still very worried about what happens if Olsen gets hurt though. Panthers don't have another NFL caliber TE on the roster. 

If I’m Hurney I’m keeping the picks I have and taking Bates, Reid, Hernandez if he makes it. I’m then contacting the Ravens to see if they’d take a late round pick for Maxx Williams. Not sure what has happened to that guy but he was every bit the TE talk of the draft that Hayden Hurst was and they just took Hurst in rd 1 signaling Williams may be done in BALT.

Archived