• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yikes are WR depth chart

TheCasillas

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I think we keep 6 WRs this year with Norv at the helm

We better. Could get rid of Smith which wouldn't be a huge deal and would free up cap space but I think he'll be useful for us in the Ginn role this year. Wright got too much guaranteed, he's a roster lock. Shep has to go immediately. Byrd has way too much upside to try to stash on PS and could be our kick returner.

Moore

Funch

Samuel

Smith

Wright

Byrd

Plus McCaffrey in the slot...

Shepard is done. 

Funch - Moore - Samuel - Smith are locks, IMO.

I think Byrd = Wright but I prefer Byrd due to age.

I don't think they would cut Smith, but his contract is for 2 years, with zero dead money for cutting. Wright has dead money and is here for 3 years. Funch is a UFA next year, so I think the Panthers might have to roll with 6 WRs this year, because Byrd will get scooped if we try to designate him to PS. And then make a decision next year on Funch....maybe cut Torrey in 2019 if Moore and Samuel ball out.

10 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Lol if we cut Smith we will have completed the most worthless trade in NFL history.

Not really. Gave us insurance in case we didn't get our WR. And I still think we keep him this year for sure.

10 hours ago, t96 said:

Not really. Gave us insurance in case we didn't get our WR. And I still think we keep him this year for sure.

I think Smith stays as well and might end up being the #2 WR and could lead the team in targets while Moore grows. 

Reminds me a lot of 2013. Our DL was depleted so we went out and got Star and KK in the draft and immediately made it a strength. The WR overhaul was more of a full year process. But nonetheless, we went from throwing out hot garbage to having a fairly adequate group. 

12 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Funch

Moore

T. Smith

Samuel

J. Wright

Byrd

Goodbye, Shepard. Screw it, turn Samuel back into a RB and kick Fozzy to the curb. But seriously, tough decisions coming.  Byrd to Practice Squad?  Shepard/J. Wright/T. Smith even, cut at least one of them...if not two? Going to be interesting. 

I would at least give Samuel some carries from the back field.  Byrd gone, Shepard gone.

Archived