• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yikes are WR depth chart

TheCasillas

It's a luxury relative to other Panthers' receiving groups lol

But yeah, Moore-Funchess-Samuel-Smith-Wright-Byrd...we've come a long way since Ginn-Brown-Bersin,etc.  

You can argue we match the quality for the team that just won the Super Bowl.  I mean, their 3rd/4th option is now our 4th receiving option or maybe even cut.    

32 minutes ago, Marcogreenbush said:

Dj Moore , funchess, Samuel . All early round receivers now with wright Torrey smith and Byrd we have a crazy wide receiver core ! No longer a need.

Trust me, I love me some Bryd, always have, but he gone. We guaranteed way too much money to Wright. 

Funchess is pretty much our default #1 WR right now.

Theres going to be an open competition for #2 and #3 spots since we have so many dudes on the depth chart right now. Rivera might give the game 1 start to Torrey Smith by default but he could be ousted by Moore at some point in the season. 

The real question is where does this put Byrd and Samuel? Both had injury issues last year. Its possible that the move for Moore will put Byrd near the fringe of the roster . Samuel might be more of a gadget player that we move around alot . Well, at the end of the day Samuel is still a high 2nd round pick, hes not going anywhere during his sophomore season . 

This move for DJ Moore is also hinting at CMC getting more carries and not being relied on as heavily in the passing game. 

Still unproven as a unit and a still a group of mixed pieces. Hardly a luxury.

Also don't forget about all the new people on the team, Hurney is the newest one of them all which means that even a guy like Funchess isn't "his" guy so who is to say that he's a lock.

37 minutes ago, h0llywood said:

Still unproven as a unit and a still a group of mixed pieces. Hardly a luxury.

Also don't forget about all the new people on the team, Hurney is the newest one of them all which means that even a guy like Funchess isn't "his" guy so who is to say that he's a lock.

lol Wtf Hurney and Norv both love Funchess. They both speak very highly of him. 

Archived