• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Select Dj Moore

Jeremy Igo

On 4/26/2018 at 10:52 PM, Trill OG said:

Wanted Ridley, because Moore is more of a slot WR which we already have. But he was my next WR on the board. Im just happy we got Cam a weapon, hopefully he proves why he was the 1st WR taken in this draft.

Moore isn't a slot receiver man. Can he play it at a high level. Yeah! It's so funny reading the comments in the forum. "We needed Ridley" "we should of drafted safety". 

First of all, Ridley isn't a game breaker. the panthers needed players who can take it to the house on any given play. Who has great yards after catch, yards after contact, and can stretch the field. The dude didn't stretch the field much at Maryland because of how terrible the QB play was. You guys paying too much attention to a ESPN draft "expert". 

Secondly. THE BEST WR FELL TO US AT 24 mannnnnnnn!!!! That's CRAZY value on our biggest position of need in a draft deep at WR. Then to get Donte Jackson in the second round, my favorite after Denzel Ward. Unless it's a Earl Thomas, I'm not taking a safety in the first. 

Thirdly, Ridley is soft and has no YAC capabilities. Much of same we already have. I value explosiveness, hands, routes, and YAC more than the finesse player. Ridley ain't even the 5th best WR in the draft. 1. MOore 2. Sutton my number 2 

One of the biggest things this team has been lacking since the days of Smitty is a true YAC threat. I was hoping Samuel could provide that and maybe he can. But, that's what Moore does better than anything. We're used to watching our guys go down pretty much immediately after the catch. That's not Moore.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

One of the biggest things this team has been lacking since the days of Smitty is a true YAC threat. I was hoping Samuel could provide that and maybe he can. But, that's what Moore does better than anything. We're used to watching our guys go down pretty much immediately after the catch. That's not Moore.

This^^

I personally think Cam and this offense is going to have a huge year.  Norv is going to get back to what Cam did best...and that is the deep ball.  With Smith, Moore, and even Byrd we have the speed to go deep....Wright is a very good slot WR...Funch working the intermediate...CMC and Samuel underneath...Olsen and the new TE.  Damn..we finally have weapons.

Norv likes to go deep and I see passing like Cam’s first couple of years.  Stretching the field and not allowing g 8 in the box will also open up the running fans for CMC and CAP.  All cones down to how the OL meshes.

On April 27, 2018 at 4:50 PM, Anybodyhome said:

I think DJ Moore was the best WR in the draft.

I thought there was no way he'd get past the Cowboys.

I think this was one of the best 1st round pick this team made in a few years.

well our first rounders these past couple of years really haven't been that great, but agreed

Archived